Software Assurance Planning Services
Get planning assistance from qualified partners or Microsoft Consulting Services to help you plan your deployment—whether on-premises, in the cloud, or in hybrid environments. Structured engagements help guide you through implementation planning for many Microsoft products and services. Get answers to frequently asked questions about Planning Services.
- Help ensure efficient deployments through collaborative planning built on best practices.
- Extend your IT staff with expert advice from on-site deployment planning specialists.
Managing Software Assurance benefits through the Microsoft Products and Services Agreement (MPSA) may require fewer steps than shown in this description. Learn more about managing Software Assurance benefits through the MPSA.
How it works
Your Planning Services days are based on the type and number of licenses you have with Software Assurance. Work with your Microsoft Partner or Microsoft Consulting Services to identify the right option for your needs.
- Watch the Managing Software Assurance Benefits video (4:10) to learn how to access Planning Services.
- Select a qualified Planning Services Partner to complete your chosen engagement.
- Review the Product List to learn about the latest offerings and how they are calculated.
Planning Services offerings
Your Planning Services partner can work with you to understand your priorities and help you choose from the following offerings:
- Desktop Deployment Planning Services (DDPS)
DDPS helps you plan a successful deployment of Microsoft Office 365, Office, and the Windows operating system—providing analysis, planning, and technical guidance. Evaluate Office 365 through the Office 365 FastTrack Planning Services engagements that show you the core Office 365 service features within your own environment and address considerations and requirements for adopting a cloud-ready desktop environment.
Learn more about DDPS (PDF, 270 KB)
- Office 365 FastTrack Planning
- Office 2013 and Windows 8.1 Deployment Planning
- Windows Accelerate: Windows 8.1 Enterprise Proof of Concept
Windows Accelerate: Windows Mobility Proof of Concept
- Developer Tools Deployment Planning Services (DTDPS)
DTDPS provides rigorous analysis and a process-focused approach to developing a Microsoft Visual Studio custom deployment plan. DTDPS can help lower the perceived risk and cost of deployment.
Learn more about DTDPS (PDF, 185 KB)
- Team Foundation Server Deployment Planning Assessment
- Visual Studio Agile Deployment Assessment
- Visual Studio Quality Tools Deployment Assessment
Visual Studio DevOps Deployment Assessment
- Dynamics Deployment Planning Services (DYDPS)
DYDPS provides in-depth assessment and planning for implementing or upgrading Microsoft Dynamics CRM, or implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX. Engagements can help you review your business processes, understand what it will take to implement a Microsoft Dynamics solution, and review architectural considerations, while creating a custom implementation plan and a Proof-of-Concept that will help you assess the solutions benefits. Engage with experts to realize more value form your IT investment and streamline implementations.
- Implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Implementing Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Upgrading Microsoft Dynamics CRM
Microsoft Dynamics AX Planning Services Datasheet (PDF, 385 KB)
- Lync and Exchange Deployment Planning Services (L&EDPS)
L&EDPS can help your organization evaluate and plan your Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Lync implementation whether on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment. Evaluate Lync Online and Exchange Online through the Office 365 FastTrack Planning Services engagements that show you the core Office 365 service features within your own environment and address considerations and requirements for adopting a cloud-ready desktop environment. Exchange Online Protection (EOP) and Data Loss Prevention (DLP) pilots are available to help ensure your sensitive email and data are secure with Microsoft cloud-based protection services.
Learn more about L&EDPS (PDF, 463 KB)
- Office 365 FastTrack Planning
- Lync Deployment and Upgrade Planning
- Exchange Deployment and Upgrade Planning
- Exchange Online Protection Pilot
Exchange Data Loss Prevention Pilot
- Private Cloud, Management and Virtualization Deployment Planning Services (PVDPS)
PVDPS provides the fundamental analysis, business case, process, and technical procedures that you need to optimize your datacenter. Take advantage of infrastructure solutions based on Windows Server, System Center, and Hyper-V, and help reduce datacenter costs, increase business agility, and provide improved control over your physical, virtual, and hybrid infrastructure.
- Upgrading to Windows Server
- Migrating to Windows Server Hyper-V from VMware
- Accelerating Virtualization and Management Deployment
- Implementing Enterprise Mobility
Learn more about PVDPS (PDF, 387 KB)
- Public Cloud, Microsoft Azure Deployment Planning Services (AZDPS)
AZDPS helps you understand what Microsoft Azure can do for your business and identify projects that are best suited for this public cloud offering. Assess web and line-of-business applications, and extend your on-premises applications to the public cloud to help reduce IT complexity and costs.
- Activating Microsoft Azure Storage
- Migrate Applications to Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services
- Implementing Develop & Test Scenarios with Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Implementing Enterprise Mobility
Learn more about AZDPS (PDF, 156 KB)
- SharePoint Deployment Planning Services (SDPS)
SDPS helps you develop customized deployment plans for your specific environment and assess the overall impact of implementing a SharePoint and/or SharePoint Online solution. Evaluate SharePoint Online through the Office 365 FastTrack Planning Services engagements, which show you the core Office 365 service features within your own environment and address considerations and requirements for adopting a cloud-ready desktop environment. Define your Enterprise Social vision with the Enterprise Social Yammer proof of concept engagement, and create a plan to drive adoption across your company. Evaluate your options to deploy Project Online or Project Server across your organization through an envisioning and deployment planning workshop.
- Office 365 FastTrack Planning Services
- Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Solution Planning
- SharePoint 2013 Deployment Planning
- SharePoint 2013 Social Proof of Concept
- SharePoint 2013 Search Proof of Concept
- SharePoint 2013 Web Content Management Proof of Concept
- Enterprise Social Yammer Proof of Concept
Learn more about SDPS (PDF, 348 KB)
- SQL Server Deployment Planning Services (SSDPS)
SSDPS provides in-depth assessment and planning for deploying, upgrading, or migrating to SQL Server. Engagements can help you review architectural and business considerations and create a detailed implementation plan.
- SQL Server Upgrade Planning
- SQL Server Business Intelligence Solution Deployment Planning
- Planning a Migration to SQL Server from Oracle
Learn more about SSDPS (PDF, 76 KB)