Software Assurance Planning Services
Get planning assistance from qualified partners or Microsoft Consulting Services to help you plan your deployment—whether on-premises, in the cloud, or in hybrid environments. Structured engagements help guide you through implementation planning for many Microsoft products and services. Get answers to frequently asked questions about Software Assurance.
- Help ensure efficient deployments through collaborative planning built on best practices.
- Extend your IT staff with expert advice from on-site deployment planning specialists.
Learn more about Software Assurance benefits.
How it works
Your Planning Services days are based on the type and number of licenses you have with Software Assurance. Work with your Microsoft Partner or Microsoft Consulting Services to identify the right option for your needs.
- Watch the Managing Software Assurance Benefits video (3:04) to learn how to access Planning Services.
- Select a qualified Planning Services Partner to complete your chosen engagement.
- Review the Product Terms to learn about the latest offerings and how they are calculated.
Planning Services offerings
Your Planning Services partner can work with you to understand your priorities and help you choose from the following offerings:
DDPS helps you plan a successful deployment of Microsoft Office 365 Pro Plus, Office Professional Plus, and the Windows operating system—providing analysis, planning, and technical guidance. Discover the best approach for deploying Office and Windows together across your organization. If you plan on moving to the cloud, evaluate the core Office 365 service features within your own environment and address key considerations and requirements for adopting a cloud-ready desktop environment. Take the next step with Microsoft’s mobility productivity solutions and discover how activating Office applications on employees’ mobile devices will deliver productivity benefits to your business.
- Office 365 FastTrack Planning
- Windows and Office Enterprise Proof of Concept
- Windows and Office Deployment Planning
- Mobile Productivity Deployment Planning
- Windows Enterprise Mobility Proof of Concept
Learn more about DDPS (PDF, 283 KB)
DTDPS provides rigorous analysis and a process-focused approach to developing a Microsoft Visual Studio custom deployment plan. DTDPS can help lower the perceived risk and cost of deployment.
- Visual Studio Team Services Deployment Planning Assessment
- Visual Studio Agile Deployment Assessment
- Visual Studio Quality Tools Deployment Assessment
- Visual Studio DevOps Deployment Assessment
Learn more about DTDPS (PDF, 427 KB)
DYDPS provides in-depth assessment and planning to help you implement or upgrade your CRM or ERP solution with Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement or Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. These planning service offers can help you review your business processes and understand what it will take to implement a Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution that meets your specific consideration. During the engagement, Microsoft Partners or Microsoft Consulting Services can help identify the most suitable implementation path, create a custom plan, and deliver a proof-of-concept (depending on the engagement) to help you assess the solution’s benefits. Engage with experts to realize more value from your IT investment and streamline your implementations.
- Implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Upgrading Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Operations Assessment
- Implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement
- Upgrading Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement
- Migrating to Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance Operations Datasheet (PDF, 328 KB)
S&EDPS can help your organization evaluate and plan your Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Skype for Business implementation, whether it is on-premises, in the cloud, or in a hybrid environment. Evaluate Skype for Business Online and Exchange Online through the Office 365 FastTrack Planning Services engagements that show you the core Office 365 service features within your own environment and address considerations for adopting a cloud-ready environment. Plan your upgrade to Exchange Server or Skype for Business Server and help ensure a smooth deployment by working with a partner to develop an end-to-end deployment plan. You can also assess your network’s capability to deploy Skype for Business. Evaluate Microsoft’s latest security and encryption features by focusing on Exchange Online Protection and Data Loss Prevention to help ensure your sensitive email and data are secure with Microsoft cloud-based protection services.
- Office 365 FastTrack Planning
- Skype for Business Deployment Planning
- Exchange Deployment Planning
Learn more about S&EDPS (PDF, 281 KB)
PVDPS provides the fundamental analysis, business case, process, and technical procedures that you need to optimize your datacenter. Take advantage of infrastructure solutions based on Windows Server, System Center, and Hyper-V, and help reduce datacenter costs, increase business agility, and provide improved control over your physical, virtual, and hybrid infrastructure.
- Upgrading to Windows Server
- Migrating to Windows Server Hyper-V from VMware
- Accelerating Virtualization and Management Deployment
Learn more about PVDPS (PDF, 314 KB)
AZDPS helps you understand what Microsoft Azure can do for your business and identify projects that are best suited for this public cloud offering. Assess web and line-of-business applications, and extend your on-premises applications to the public cloud to help reduce IT complexity and costs.
- Activating Microsoft Azure Storage
- Migrate Applications to Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Services
- Implementing Develop & Test Scenarios with Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Enterprise Mobility + Security Identity and Access Management
- Enterprise Mobility + Security Identity Driven Security
- Enterprise Mobility + Security Information Protection
- Enterprise Mobility + Security Managed Mobile Productivity
- Implementing Operations Management Suite
Learn more about AZDPS (PDF, 487 KB)
SDPS helps you develop customized deployment plans for your specific environment and assess the overall impact of implementing a SharePoint and/or SharePoint Online solution. Evaluate SharePoint Online through the Office 365 FastTrack Planning Services engagements, which show you the core Office 365 service features within your own environment and address considerations and requirements for adopting a cloud-ready desktop environment. Evaluate several SharePoint capabilities, like features for IT professionals and business users, SharePoint search, business intelligence, applications, information architecture, topology planning, and migration planning. Evaluate your options to deploy Project Online or Project Server across your organization through an envisioning and deployment planning workshop.
- Office 365 FastTrack Planning Services
- SharePoint Deployment Planning
- Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) Solution Planning
Learn more about SDPS (PDF, 276 KB)
SSDPS provides in-depth assessment and planning for deploying, upgrading, or migrating to a SQL Server hybrid cloud solution. Engagements can help you review architectural and business considerations and create a detailed implementation plan.
- Deploy a Big Data & Data Warehousing Solution
- Deploy Modern Business Intelligence
- Deploy an Advanced Analytics Solution
- Application Platform Migration
- Data Platform Modernization
Learn more about SSDPS (PDF, 411 KB)