Are you considering upgrading your devices to Windows 7? Before you do, consider the many benefits of Windows 8.1, such as:
- A new Start screen with live tiles, plus the familiar desktop and Start button
- Designed for touch, mouse, and keyboard
- Great built-in apps such as Mail, Calendar, Photos, and Skype, with many more available from the Windows Store
- Built-in cloud storage with OneDrive for easy access to your pictures, files, and settings
- Internet Explorer 11 for faster, more secure web browsing
- Windows Defender, Windows Firewall, and Windows Update to help keep you up to date and more secure
That’s just the beginning. Explore Windows 8.1 now.
To upgrade to Windows 7 through Volume Licensing:
Buy one of the following upgrade licenses for each device through your Volume Licensing agreement:
- Windows 8.1 Pro Upgrade
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise Upgrade
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise Upgrade with Software Assurance
When you buy these licenses through Volume Licensing, you receive Downgrade Rights, which give you the right to install an earlier product version. If you buy the Windows 8.1 Pro Upgrade, you can downgrade and use Windows 7 Professional instead. If you buy the Windows 8.1 Enterprise Upgrade, you can downgrade and use Windows 7 Enterprise.
Note: Each device must have a qualifying operating system already installed.
Get the installation bits.
You can download the necessary installation bits for Windows 7, or you can order physical media from your reseller. Learn more.