For more information on your device, select it on the Support main page.
If you see a green screen in Maps, it may indicate the following:
- No maps have been downloaded for the area you are currently in or trying to access. To download maps for the area, use Nokia Ovi Suite or allow Maps to establish a mobile internet connection to the map server. When your mobile device is downloading maps, a spinning globe is shown on the status bar.
- No maps are available for the area you are currently in or trying to access. Check the coverage list for Maps to see whether there are maps available for that area.
- The map version you are currently using is out of date and no longer available on the map server. If you use an outdated map and come to an area for which there are no downloaded maps in your mobile device, you see a green screen. Update the maps in your mobile device with Nokia Ovi Suite.
- Maps is trying to download maps for the area you are currently in or trying to access. During the download, you see a green screen. Wait until the maps are downloaded and visible on the display.
- Your current position or the position you are trying to access is in the middle of a field. Move the cursor or zoom out of the map to see your surroundings.
When Maps uses a mobile internet connection, large amounts of data may be downloaded to your mobile device, resulting in data transfer costs. See our FAQ on how to keep the costs down, and contact your network operator for more information about your data plan.