For more information on your device, select it on the Support main page.
Use the following guidelines to increase your battery life time:
- Turn Bluetoothoff when you do not need it.
- Specify that your Nokia phone does not scan, or scans less often, for available Wireless LAN (WLAN) networks in the backround when you do not need WLAN connections (to turn off scanning, disable Show WLAN availability in Wireless LAN settings).
- If you have set Packet data connection to When available in connection settings, and there is no packet data coverage (GPRS), your Nokia phone periodically tries to establish a packet data connection. To prolong the operating time of your Nokia phone, select Packet data connection > When needed.
- The Maps application downloads new map information when you scroll to new areas on the map, which increases the demand on battery power. Prevent the automatic download of new maps.
- If the signal strength of the cellular network varies much in your area, your Nokia phone must scan for the available network repeatedly. This increases the demand on battery power. If the Network mode is set to dual mode in the network settings, the Nokia phone searches for the UMTS network. To use only the GSM network, select Network mode > GSM.
- The backlight of the display increases the demand on battery power. In the display settings, you can change the time-out after which the backlight is switched off, and adjust the light sensor that observes lighting conditions and adjusts the display brightness.
- Leaving applications running in the background increases the demand on battery power. Close the applications you are not using.
- Turn off vibrate function of your Nokia phone, using just the ring tone.
- Avoid using moving or animated pictures or videos for your Nokia phone's background.
- Turn off your Nokia phone whenever you do not plan to answer any calls, for example while you are sleeping.
Make sure your phone is running the latest software. For downloads and assistance, go to your local Nokia website's support page.
If the battery loses the power fast even though there is no features consuming the power, the battery may be wearing out and you need to replace it with a new one.