QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Where do I go for support now? Who do I contact in case of any customer support issues, including any product safety-related issues?
- Nokia’s Devices & Services business has been acquired by Microsoft, but you can still get all the help and support you need for your Lumia, Asha and Nokia devices from the usual places: online at www.microsoft.com/mobile/support, contact centers and Care points.
Will I continue to get software support for my Symbian, Asha and Nokia X devices?
- Yes, Microsoft will continue to honor Nokia’s commitment to provide software and technical support.
What happens to my enrollment with Nokia twitter, Discussion boards etc, will they be transferred? Can I access those with same ID? What happens with Nokia Discussion forums?
- Nokia’s Facebook, Twitter and Nokia Discussions forums will continue. If any Nokia Twitter accounts you follow change their names, you will still be able to follow them, and be followed.
What happens to the warranty for my product bought last year? Are there any changes to warranty terms?
- Nokia’s Devices & Services business has been acquired by Microsoft, but your warranty continues as normal. Microsoft will continue to honor the Nokia manufacturer’s warranty.
What happens to the warranty for my product bought after April 2014? Are there any changes to warranty terms?
- The manufacturer of this product is Microsoft Mobile Oy (Ltd), even if “Nokia Corporation” or any of its affiliates may still be visible in the sales package, documentation, or the product itself.
- Microsoft Mobile Oy (Ltd) provides the Manufacturer's Limited Warranty (“Warranty”) for this product in accordance with the terms and conditions described in the "Manufacturer's Limited Warranty" document included in the sales package. Microsoft Mobile Oy (Ltd) shall assume and be responsible for all rights and obligations related to your Warranty.
- For more information see the Warranty section at www.microsoft.com/mobile/support.
What is changing with the Nokia Care Centers?
- There are no changes. Please continue using the Nokia Care Centers as before.
Can I get my Xbox device repaired by Nokia Care points? What about other Microsoft products?
- No, you cannot get any Microsoft product repaired at a Nokia Care point at this time. Follow the steps at http://service.xbox.com/ to submit an Xbox repair request. Refer to www.microsoft.com for guidance on other Microsoft products.
Who do I contact if I have any questions about privacy?
- Please visit www.nokia.com/privacy.
What is the relationship of Microsoft Mobile Oy to Microsoft Corporation?
- Microsoft Mobile Oy is an indirectly, wholly-owned subsidiary of Microsoft Corporation. As part of Microsoft’s acquisition of Nokia’s Devices & Services business, personal data that relates to each of the devices and services covered by that business is now collected and processed by Microsoft Mobile Oy.
I have both a Microsoft Account and a Nokia Account. Will Microsoft combine my personal data across the two accounts?
- No, Microsoft and Nokia accounts remain separate at this time.
Can I get my Nokia products repaired at Microsoft retail locations?
- No, you cannot get Nokia products repaired at Microsoft retail locations. You can still get all the help and support you need for your Lumia, Asha and Nokia devices from the usual places: online at www.microsoft.com/mobile/support, Nokia contact centres and Nokia Care points.