If the device is with you and can start up
- Dial *#06# on your phone. Most phones display the serial number (IMEI) when this code is dialed.
- On a Dual-SIM phone, you will see two IMEI numbers, please enter the first IMEI in this case.
- If you have a Lumia phone, go to Settings > About > More information, and find your serial number (IMEI).
- If you have a Nokia X phone, go to Settings > About phone > Status, and find your serial number (IMEI).
- If you have a Lumia tablet, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and tap Settings > Change PC settings > Network > Connections > Mobile Broadband
If the device is not with you or won't start up
- If your phone has a removable battery, switch off the phone and remove the battery. Your serial number (IMEI) is printed on a white label inside the phone.
- Look on, beside or inside the SIM card or memory card slot.
- On a Dual-SIM phone, you will find two IMEI numbers marked as IMEI 1 and IMEI 2, please enter IMEI 1 in this case.
- If you have a Lumia tablet, pull-out the SIM/SD card holder and read the serial number (IMEI) from the holder.
- Contact your service provider.
- Check the original sales box of your device.
- Reference your proof of purchase/receipt/contract.
The serial number may follow the letters ESN, IMEI or MEID.
Example (make sure all letters are in caps and skip all slashes):
ESN: 12345678912 (11 digits)
IMEI: 123456789123456 (15 digits)
MEID HEX: 123A456B789C123 (14 or 15 characters)