You can send the touch tones during an active call to control your voice mailbox or other automated phone services.
To send a touch tone sequence
- Make a call, and wait until the other end answers.
- Select Options > Send DTMF.
- Enter the touch tone sequence, or select a predefined sequence.
To attach a touch tone sequence to a contact card
- You can add DTMF tones to the phone number or DTMF (Dual-tone multifrequency) fields in a contact. To add DTMF fields to Contacts, open a contact, and select Options > Edit > Options > Add detail > DTMF.
- Enter the tone sequence. To enter a wait character (w) or pause character (p), press * repeatedly. To insert a pause of about 2 seconds before or between DTMF tones, enter p. To set the device to send the DTMF tones only after you select Send DTMF during a call, enter w.
- Select Done.