The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- How do I resolve an issue if my Lumia backup reaches 96% and stops with error?
- How do I install a ringtone using the Angry Birds Roost application?
- Which version of Windows Phone does my Lumia have?
- I cannot download or get application updates when first starting the Store app on my Lumia. How can I resolve this issue?
- How do I set up voice commands on my Lumia phone?