If you only want to transfer your contacts over Bluetooth, use the Transfer my Data (Contacts Transfer) app on your Lumia. It is a quick and easy way of copying contacts from almost any phone (Symbian, Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone and others). If you have an Android device made by Samsung, you can also transfer text messages via Bluetooth MAP profile (Message Access Profile).
- If you do not have this app, you can download it from Store (or here if you have an older Lumia phone).
- On supported phones, contacts and messages can also be transferred to and from an SD (memory) card.
- Important! The Windows Phone 7 platform is capable of transferring only 500 messages.
- Enable Bluetooth both on your Lumia and the old phone.
- Once the app has been installed on your Lumia, tap on the icon to launch the app and begin the process of pairing the two devices.
- On your old phone, when prompted, allow the pairing and access to the contacts information.
- Your new Lumia will find how many contacts you have on your old phone and ask you to confirm that the transfer can go ahead.
- Select start to begin the transfer.
Contacts, calendar and messages from an online service
If your contacts and calendar are stored online as part of an online service such as Google account, Microsoft Exchange, Facebook or Twitter, set up that account on your phone, and your contacts and calendar entries are imported automatically. For more info on how to set up an account on your phone, see the user guide of your phone.
- With many Lumia phones, you can also sync your messages (SMS and MMS) online to your Microsoft account. If available, go to Messaging > ... > settings and tap Text message backup to On.
Contacts, calendar entries, and photos from a Symbian or Series 40 phone
In the Nokia Suite you can transfer your contacts, calendar entries, and photos to the Microsoft OneDrive (SkyDrive) cloud service. From the OneDrive the content is synced to your Lumia phone. To use OneDrive, you need a Microsoft (Live) account ID. If you do not have a Microsoft account, you can create one at live.com, or using your phone.
- Make sure you have the latest Nokia Suite installed on your PC. You can download it from www.microsoft.com/mobile/nokiasuite.
- Use a compatible USB cable to connect your Symbian or Series 40 phone to your PC.
- Start Nokia Suite.
- Select Copy content to Nokia Lumia, and follow the instructions shown on your PC. Your photos are copied to the pictures folder in OneDrive, and your contacts and calendar entries to Outlook.com.
- On your phone, sign in with your Microsoft account email address by going to Settings > email+accounts. Your contacts and calendar entries are synced automatically. To access your photos, press Start, swipe left to App list, and tap OneDrive.
- Tip: If possible, connect your old phone to your PC and drag and drop the files you want to transfer onto your PC. If you have the OneDrive desktop app, drag and drop the files straight to the OneDrive folder for automatic upload.
Contacts from Outlook on your PC
If you are using Outlook 2013, add your Microsoft email account to Outlook on your PC, then copy your Outlook contacts into your Microsoft email account contact list.
If you are using Outlook 2010 or 2007, add your Microsoft email account using Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector, then copy your Outlook contacts into your Microsoft email account contact list.
To sync the content to your Lumia, simply sign into your Microsoft account on your phone by going to Settings > email+accounts.
- To download and install Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector, search for it at www.microsoft.com/download, and follow the instructions shown on your PC.
Contacts, calendar entries from an Android, iPhone or Blackberry phone
- Use a compatible USB data cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- On your PC, use the appropriate sync software, such as HTC Sync, Samsung Kies, or iTunes to sync your contacts and calendar entries from your old phone to your PC, and set the sync software to sync the items to Outlook.
- Add the Microsoft email account to your Outlook on your PC.
- Sync the content you want from your Outlook to your Microsoft email account.
- Set up that same Microsoft account on your phone, and your contacts and calendar entries are synced automatically.
Photos from an Apple Mac
You can sync your Lumia using the Windows Phone app for Mac, but you need Mac OS X 10.7 or later to run the app.