Yes, you can send a pre-written text reply (SMS) to a caller directly from the call answer screen.
In order to work:
- The contact has to be already in your People hub.
- The number needs to be saved as phone number type Mobile.
- Your phone's OS version must be 8.0.10211.204 or greater (Settings > about) .
If these rules are not met, there is no option to send text reply to the caller while incoming call (only answer and ignore options).
You can manually enter four of your own messages for text-call reject under the Phone settings, to do that:
- Open the Phone application.
- Tap on the three dots (...) in the right bottom corner and select Settings.
- Set the Text reply toggle switch to On.
- Tap on Edit replies.
- Tap in the box and you can edit the replies (max. 70 characters each).
- Once ready, press Done.