If no one can hear you on the other end while on the call may likely be due to some microphone issues with your phone. Check these easy steps first:
- Check that your microphone is not muted, or if there is any background noise, move to a quieter area.
- Try again. Sometimes just redialing is enough, but your phone restart can also help.
- Check if the issue is happening to a specific phone number on outgoing or incoming calls - can the other person hear other callers?
- Make a call, or try to playback the voicemail on your phone. Use your phone in-call options, switch to the speaker mode to check if that resolves the problem (for more info, see the user guide of your phone).
- If the other end cannot hear you in the speaker mode, check that no any objects are blocking the internal microphone openings on your phone, such as the accessory case or shell.
- If the problem persists, connect a compatible wired headphone. Push and pull the audio plug gently with your fingers, and disconnect it. If this helps, check the audio jack connector for any dust or dirt.