Signing in to the Microsoft account may fail if the phone date is not correct. It may also fail if the network connection is not working properly or if you are trying to create a new Microsoft account with a live.com email address. You may also be asked to verify your identity before the Microsoft account can be set up.
Check the time settings and the network connection
- Go to Settings > date+time and manually set the correct time zone, date and time. Try signing in again.
- If the above action doesn't solve the problem, connect to a Wi-Fi network and try signing in via that network.
If you see a message 'Can't connect'
- If this happens during the initial setup, skip the account setup wizard by tapping sign in later.
- Update your phone in Settings > phone update > check for updates.
- Once your phone is updated, select Settings > email+accounts > add an account and tap Microsoft account.
- If you already have an account you use with Xbox, Windows 8, Outlook.com, Skype or another Microsoft service, then you should tap sign in. If not, tap create one. Complete the on-screen form to get a new Outlook.com email address or tap use an existing email address.
- If you are asked to verify your identity with a security code, choose the verification option (text, call or email) and then follow the screen instructions.
If you don't receive the verification code
- If using the email verification option, check that you have typed your email address correctly when prompted to enter your email address.
- If using the text or call verification option, the setup wizard will ask you to enter the last 4 digits of the phone number that you gave when creating your account. Check that you enter the digits correctly. Check also that the SIM card is in your phone and the phone is connected to the network. If the digits match with the last 4 digits of the phone number associated with your account, you will receive the verification code in a text message or a call.
- If you don't receive any verification code, try using another verification option.
If you get an error code
Use your browser, try searching online to find a support article for the error code.
If still not able to sign in using your phone, check with browser that you can successfully sign in with your account, or create a new account.
If you manage to sign in but your Microsoft account is not working properly
Check that you have given your birth date correctly in the account settings. If the birth date indicates that you are a child, there are limitations with your Microsoft account.