Microsoft account is the new name for what used to be called a Windows Live ID. Your Microsoft account is the combination of an email address and a password that you use to sign in to services like Hotmail, OneDrive, Windows Phone, Xbox LIVE, or MSN.
How do I sign up (create a new)
- Select Settings > email+accounts > add an account and tap Microsoft account.
- If you already have an account you use with Xbox, Windows 8, Outlook.com, Skype or another Microsoft service, then you should tap sign in. If not, tap create one. Complete the on-screen form to get a new Outlook.com email address or tap use an existing email address.
- If you are asked to verify your identity with a security code, choose the verification option (text, call or email) and then follow the screen instructions.
How do I reset my password
- Open the Microsoft Account Password Reset page from any browser on any computer or your phone.
- Select I've forgotten my password and tap Next.
- Enter the email address you use as your Microsoft account.
- In the other text field, for security purposes, enter the text you see and then tap Next.
- Choose the verification option, if using the text verification option, enter the last 4 digits of the phone number that you gave when creating your account and then tap Send code.
- Once you receive the code, enter it in the Enter your security code field and tap Next.
- In the New Password field, and again in the Re-enter password field, enter the new password you'd like to use and tap Next.
- Once you have completed all the above steps, sign in with your new password.