Restart your phone with SIM card inserted, and retry sending a multimedia message (your phone loads the settings from the SIM card).
- Tip! Send a multimedia message to the own mobile phone number. This will test sending and receiving capabilities in one go.
- Important! MMS requires data connectivity, specifically a mobile data.
- Note! If you have Multi-SIM (two SIM cards with the same mobile phone number), note that MMS can only be received on your assigned “primary” SIM card.
If you can connect to the internet but you cannot send the multimedia messages, try entering the new settings manually
- Try searching online to find the multimedia (MMS) settings for your mobile operator. To add your settings manually, select one of the options depending on your phone model:
- Option 1 - Go to Settings > access point, and tap +.
- Option 2 - Go to Settings > mobile+SIM > SIM settings > SIM, and tap add MMS APN.
If you cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection
- Enable the mobile data connection on your phone. Go to Settings > mobile+SIM (cellular) and switch Data connection to On.
- Check that your data roaming is activated when you are not in your home network. Go to Settings > mobile+SIM (cellular) and select data roaming options.
- Make sure you are not reached your data limit. From the Start screen, swipe left to the App list and start Data Sense app. Switch Restrict background data usage and/or Restrict background data usage when roaming to Off.
- Confirm with your mobile operator that you have an active mobile data subscription (access to internet) on your SIM card.