The available Lumia features may vary, depending on, for example, your language, region, service provider, or phone model.
1. Turn off mobile data:
- Settings > system > mobile+SIM (cellular+SIM), and switch Data roaming options to Don’t roam.
- Settings > system > mobile+SIM (cellular+SIM), and switch Data connection to Off.
- Settings > system > data sense and tap set limit or switch Restrict background data usage and/or Restrict background data usage when roaming to On.
2. Turn off location services
- Settings > system > location and switch Location services to Off.
- Settings > system > find my phone and uncheck options.
- Settings > application > maps and switch Synchronize my places to Off.
3. Turn off backup
- Settings > backup > apps+settings and switch Settings backup to Off.
- Settings > backup > text messages and switch Text message backup to Off.
- Settings > backup > photos+videos and select Don't upload or needs WiFi according to individual needs.
4. Stop your phone connecting to games: Start Games app, then tap ... > Settings, and switch all relevant settings off.
5. Stop your phone connecting to your music collection in the cloud: Start Music app, then tap ... > Settings, and switch settings to off.
6. Change your mail settings to retrieve mail items less frequently: Start the mail account you want to modify, tap ... > Settings > sync settings and change the setting for Download new content or set it to manual control.