- Tap Store tile to see if there are any updates available for your camera app.
- Restore the default camera settings, go to Settings and then swipe left to applications > photos+camera (pictures+camera). Scroll down to the bottom and tap reset camera.
- Switch to the second camera (optional) to see if it makes a difference.
My camera app does not open and the display goes back to the start screen
- Restart your phone. Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously until you feel the phone vibrate. After this operation, you may need to set the date and time on the phone.
- Try another camera application. If it only happens in one application, reinstall it from the Store again to resolve this issue.