Learn how to insert the memory card.
Use only compatible memory cards approved for use with this device. Incompatible cards may damage the card and the device and corrupt data stored on the card.
Some microSD cards may not be compatible with this phone. We recommend that you use your phone’s internal memory for saving photos and videos. On the start screen, swipe left, and tap Settings > phone storage. Switch Store new pictures on to phone. For more info on using a microSD card with your phone, go to www.nokia.com/lumia820/tips-and-tricks.
Your phone supports memory cards with a capacity of up to 64 GB.
Switch the device off and disconnect the charger and any other device before removing any covers. Avoid touching electronic components while changing any covers. Always store and use the device with any covers attached.
- With the back of the phone facing you, place your thumb on the back of the phone next to the camera lens.
- At the top left corner, put your fingernail in the seam between the screen frame and the back cover. Bend the cover until a side seam opens slightly.
- Repeat on the other corner, and remove the cover.
- If the battery is in, lift it out.
- Push the memory card into the memory card slot until it locks into place.
- Line up the battery contacts, and replace the battery.
- Press the bottom edge of the back cover against the bottom edge of the phone.
- Press the back of the cover until it snaps into place.