Important: Using the Remove this phone option on windowsphone.com will de-provision the phone from all Microsoft services, and require a hard reset before the phone can be used again.
To remove a registered device from your Microsoft account, please follow the steps below:
- Use a desktop browser, sign in to your Microsoft account by clicking on the link windowsphone.com.
- Once signed in, and then hover a mouse pointer over your name at the top right corner of the page.
- On the drop down menu, you will also see the list of devices that are registered on you Microsoft account.
- Select a device that you would like to remove.
- Once you have selected the device, move a mouse pointer over your name and then select Account Settings on the drop down menu.
- At the top left corner, you will see the name and model of the Windows Phone you would like to remove.
- Click on Remove this phone.
- Confirm the action by clicking on Remove on the pop-up window.
The back-end change to remove device association takes up to 72 hours to replicate through the systems.