The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- I forgot my Nokia account password for my Nokia Lumia. How do I recover my account?
- Can I attach and send a PDF document from an email account on my Lumia phone?
- What is error code 80070490 and how do I resolve it?
- I cannot download or get application updates when first starting the Store app on my Lumia. How can I resolve this issue?
- I cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection on my Lumia phone