Restart your phone with SIM card inserted (your phone loads the settings from the SIM card) and retry your mobile data connection, for example with Internet Explorer app.
If you cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection
- Enable the mobile data connection on your phone. Go to Settings > mobile+SIM (cellular) and switch Data connection to On.
- Check that your data roaming is activated when you are not in your home network. Go to Settings > mobile+SIM (cellular) and select data roaming options.
- Make sure you have not reached your data limit. From the Start screen, swipe left to the App list and start Data Sense app. Switch Restrict background data usage and/or Restrict background data usage when roaming to Off.
- Confirm with your mobile operator that you have an active mobile data subscription (access to internet) on your SIM card.
If your mobile data connection is still not working, try entering the new settings manually
If you can connect to a WiFi network on your phone or you are near your computer, try searching online to find the internet settings for your mobile operator. To add your settings manually, select one of the options depending on your phone model:
- Option 1 - Go to Settings > access point, and tap +.
- Option 2 - Go to Settings > mobile+SIM > SIM settings > SIM, and tap add Internet APN or switch Manual internet APN to On.