The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- My Lumia phone does not work or respond as expected
- I have forgotten Wallet PIN on my Lumia phone
- I cannot end a call because my Lumia screen remains black
- Can I get a notification if I receive call or text messages from blocked numbers?
- How can I block phone calls and text messages on my Lumia using the call+SMS filter app?