The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- How can I check the IMEI number of my Lumia phone?
- What can I do if the latest Lumia extras are missing on my phone?
- What Bluetooth profiles are used on my Lumia phone?
- Why are the photos taken by Lumia Selfie different than with a normal camera on my phone?
- NFC pairing of the Wireless Charging Plate (DT-903) is not working Device Hub, what can I do?