The reason that the 5GHz WiFi band is disabled during flight (airplane) mode is comply with local regulations. There are regions in the world where the usage of the 5GHz band is not allowed to be used for WiFi transmissions. As the Lumia WP8 phones are unable to determine the location whilst in flight mode, the phones disable the usage of the 5GHz WiFi band in order to comply with regulations.
- What to check if I can't sign in or create the Microsoft account on my Lumia phone during the initial setup?
- How can I prolong the battery life of my Lumia phone?
- What are the other icons I see on the map in the Lumia Storyteller app?
- How can I share my stories with Storyteller on my Lumia phone?
- How many images can I select for a story video in Storyteller?