Xbox One System
June 10, 2013
Every Xbox One system sold will include the new Xbox One console — which features a 500GB hard drive, Blu-ray player and built-in Wi-Fi — the new Kinect, one Xbox One Wireless Controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold for new members.
LOS ANGELES — June 10, 2013 — Fueling the excitement from the Xbox One reveal on May 21, Microsoft Corp. today announced launch details for the highly anticipated next Xbox and entertainment system. Launching in 21 markets around the world in November 2013, Xbox One is the ultimate all-in-one entertainment system built for the 21st century living room — introducing a new world of games, music, live TV, movies, sports, apps and Skype, all personalized to your interests and accessible with the sound of your voice.
Every Xbox One system sold will include the new Xbox One console — which features a 500GB hard drive, Blu-ray player and built-in Wi-Fi — the new Kinect, one Xbox One Wireless Controller and a free 14-day trial of Xbox Live Gold for new members. The Xbox One launch bundle will be available for $499.99 in the U.S., £429 (GBP) in the U.K. and €499 (EUR) in European markets.
To celebrate the launch of Xbox One, Microsoft is also introducing a limited-edition commemorative bundle to fans who reserve the system at major retailers, available in limited quantities, while supplies last, for $499.99, €499 (EUR). Reserving the commemorative bundle will guarantee that you’ll be able to purchase the new system on day one. Each commemorative bundle will include an Xbox One system that comes in premium black packaging with a limited edition Xbox One Day One wireless controller, as well as a unique commemorative Day One Achievement.
Gamers who reserve the following exclusive Xbox One Day One edition launch titles, available in limited quantities at major retailers while supplies last, will receive special bonus content:
• "Ryse: Son of Rome." Exclusive multiplayer map and sword with bonus attributes.
• "Forza Motorsport 5." Access to four cars tuned to the top of their class.
• "Kinect Sports Rivals." Exclusive sporting equipment that separates your Champion from the rest of the world.
• "Dead Rising 3." Exclusive Frank West and Chuck Greene Tribute Packs with bonus attributes.
Don Mattrick at E3 2013
June 10, 2013
Don Mattrick, president of the Interactive Entertainment Business at Microsoft, gets the ball rolling on the eve of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), where Xbox kick-started a new era of games and entertainment with a stunning lineup of blockbusters for the highly anticipated Xbox One gaming and entertainment system.
In addition, as a message of thanks to the millions of Xbox fans around the world for their passion and loyalty, Microsoft announced that every qualifying Xbox Live Gold member — new or existing — will receive two free Xbox 360 game downloads per month starting July 1 until Dec. 31, 2013, including popular titles such as “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II.” And to celebrate E3 in the month of June, Xbox Live Gold members will receive a free download of “Fable III.” For a limited time gamers can also get a Day One 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership and play “Killer Instinct: Round One,” with the exclusive Shadow Jago character, on Xbox One. Players will also receive a commemorative Day One membership card.
To reserve your Xbox One system today, visit http://www.xbox.com/reserve for participating retailers.
All-new accessories to fuel the new generation of gaming
Launching alongside Xbox One this November, a new lineup of best-in-class accessories will make your new-generation gaming experiences more immersive, precise and accessible:
• Xbox One Wireless Controller. The Xbox controller is refreshed with more than 40 technical and design innovations. Updated directional pad, thumb sticks and contours deliver greater precision and control, while new vibrating impulse triggers offer precise fingertip feedback, bringing an unprecedented level of gameplay immersion. The Xbox One Wireless Controller is designed to work in concert with the new Kinect, allowing the two to be paired automatically to create seamless player syncing.
• Xbox One Play & Charge Kit. This kit includes a lithium ion rechargeable battery pack that fits inside the Wireless Controller as well as a charging cable that connects from the Controller to the console. Gamers can play on and on without having to buy a single disposable battery. The new Play & Charge Kit charges twice as fast as its Xbox 360 counterpart and charges during gameplay or when the console is in standby mode. The Kit is available for standalone purchase or as part of the Wireless Controller with Play & Charge Kit bundle.
• Xbox One Chat Headset. A must-have for fans of online gaming, the new Xbox One Chat Headset, wired to the controller, is designed for long gaming sessions and clear voice chat. With a lightweight and comfortable new design, the mono chat headset features wideband digital audio and a unidirectional microphone. Gamers will love not having to take their hands off the controller to access the microphone mute and volume controls.
For more details about all the exciting Xbox One news at E3, including the full games lineup, visit news.xbox.com. For press releases and media assets, visit news.xbox.com/media (select “Choose a Category” to find relevant content). More details about the Xbox One accessories are available at www.xbox.com/xboxone/accessories.
Xbox is Microsoft’s premier entertainment brand for the TV, phone, PC and tablet. In living rooms or on the go, Xbox is home to the best and broadest games, as well as one of the world’s largest libraries of movies, TV, music and sports. Your favorite games, TV and entertainment come to life in new ways through the power of Kinect, Xbox SmartGlass and Xbox Live, the world’s premier social entertainment network. More information about Xbox can be found online at www.xbox.com.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
Features and requirements are under development and may change prior to release. Available features and content may vary by country. Broadband Internet (ISP fees apply) and advanced TV hardware required. Games and media content sold separately. Xbox Live Gold Membership, paid subscription and other requirements apply for some Xbox Live features.
 Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.
 Estimated retail prices; actual retail prices may vary. Price for U.K. and European Xbox One launch bundles includes tax.
 “Games with Gold” free games offer available June 10 through Dec. 31, 2013, for paid Gold members only. Xbox 360 games (selected by Xbox) available for free download from Marketplace only during specified half-month window; available games may vary by country. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. See xbox.com/live.
 In supported games.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft News Center at http://www.microsoft.com/news. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/news/contactpr.mspx.