The Microsoft Supplier Program (MSP) has specific requirements that suppliers are required to meet. Suppliers are also evaluated against certain Microsoft business objectives. That's why not every supplier that is referred to the program and that meets the basic requirements is admitted.
To be part of the program, suppliers must meet the requirements outlined here.
Supplier Security & Privacy Assurance Program (SSPA) compliance (formerly Vendor Privacy Assurance Program compliance)
Responsible Sourcing compliance
Financial Risk Assessment is within set parameters (International only conducted for suppliers over USD5M in spend)
Signed Compliant Master Agreement
Valid Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) on file (Independent of the Master Agreement)
Maintain average Customer Satisfaction Rating 3.0 (out of a five-point scale)
Value Analysis reviewed and approved by Microsoft Global Procurement Group (GPG)
US Spend Threshold of $500K (USD)
International Spend Threshold of $5K (USD)
Excludes Diverse Suppliers
MSP External Yammer Network active membership
Supplier Screening Program compliance
When a supplier joins the Microsoft Supplier Program, the supplier becomes eligible for program benefits, which Microsoft may modify over time. The following table outlines the current MSP benefits.
Eligible for MSP Awards Program and self-nominations
Showcase MSP Award finalist during MSP Summit
Press release on MSP Award Winners
Internal showcase of MSP Award Winners
Eligible for Supplier of the Year
Supplier Showcase on intranet and sites
MSP Summit invitations
Trained on category-specific content as well as in the use of general Microsoft procurement processes, such as MS Invoice and MS Inquire (United States and Canada only)
Discounts on select software, games, hardware, controllers, and books (United States and Canada only)
MSP Quarterly newsletter distribution
1 Minute Update distribution
MSP Office support
Through the MSP Excellence Awards Program, Microsoft annually recognizes suppliers that consistently provide an outstanding level of service and quality.
Winners of the 2015 MSP Excellence Awards were nominated by employees of Microsoft in various business units, MSP suppliers and Microsoft Procurement Professionals. An extensive panel of Microsoft employees and external judges selects all final awardees. Award winners were based on excellence in a number of areas, including quality, value, service and innovation.
In 2015, Microsoft issued five MSP Excellence Awards to key suppliers whose performance over the past year demonstrated exceptional commitment and service.
Winners were announced in three categories:
- Supplier Diversity
- Responsible Sourcing Leadership (Bridging the Opportunity Divide, Climate Performance and Impact Sourcing)
- MSP Supplier of the Year
Zones Inc. — recipient of the 2015 Supplier Diversity Award
Zones manages hosted product catalogs in 32 company codes across Canada, Europe, and India. Zones also manages strategic partners in the Latin America and Asia-Pacific regions in support of its global enterprise client base.
Zones is one of the fastest-growing IT solutions providers on the market today. It is highly focused on ensuring customers’ successes as it works to tackle their most pressing IT challenges. Zones is a global organization with offices or strategic partnerships established in over 60 countries and growing.
Zones was integral to the launch of Microsoft Surface Pro 3 products for Microsoft’s internal Cost per Head hardware procurement. On May 20, 2014, Microsoft announced the launch of the newest member of the Surface family of products, the Surface Pro 3.
Zones has been providing significant savings to Microsoft over the past five-plus years, supplying Third Party Peripherals, Consumer IT Hardware standards, and nonstandard hardware to Microsoft.
Zones captured cost savings of 25 percent of applicable spend in the U.S. for Microsoft’s 2014 fiscal year. Over the first half of FY15, U.S. savings are tracking at 53 percent.
Sutherland Global Services — recipient of the 2015 Responsible Sourcing – Bridging the Opportunity Divide Leadership Award
Sutherland Global Services is a global provider of business process and technology management services. It employs more than 36,000 employees and has been in business since 1986. For more than a decade, Sutherland has been providing Microsoft with mission-critical customer management and back-office services under several longstanding, performance-driven engagements. With nearly 60 operational centers across the world, Sutherland continues to grow. In 2014, Sutherland formed the first foundation dedicated to the advancement of youth worldwide. The Sutherland Foundation for Education and Enrichment actively supports and respects the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and the advancement of youth in technology. The Sutherland Foundation stands for the creation of sustainable workforces, the abolition of child labor and the elimination of discrimination, and it stands against corruption in any and all forms. Further, the Sutherland Foundation supports and undertakes initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility.
Sutherland was recognized by Microsoft at its 2015 annual Global Supplier Conference for achieving the milestone of training more than 30,000 disadvantaged learners through Microsoft YouthSpark Community Technology Centers. The judges for the award were "impressed with Sutherland’s management commitment applied to a multigeographic program with very significant, measured impact that sets a high bar for other companies."
The following were the Bridging the Opportunity Divide Leadership Award judges:
- Brian O’Kennedy, CEO of Clearstream Solutions and Steering Committee member at Verego
- Chris Worman, senior director of Global Media at TechSoup Global
- Jo Aggarwal, senior advisor at Silatech
- Jeffrey Avina, lead manager of Citizenship for Middle East and Africa at Microsoft
- Peter Shiras, executive vice president of Business Development at International Youth Foundation
Akamai Technologies — recipient of the 2015 Responsible Sourcing – Climate Performance Leadership Award
Akamai is a cloud services provider dedicated to helping companies provide secure, high-performing user experiences on any device, anywhere. Akamai is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., has more than 5,100 employees worldwide and generated $1.96 billion in revenue in 2014. With more than 170,000 servers in 102 countries and over 1,300 networks, Akamai has deployed the most pervasive cloud-optimization platform. Akamai delivers between 15 and 30 percent of all web traffic. It delivers daily web traffic reaching more than 25 terabits per second (Tbps). Eighty-five percent of the world’s Internet users are within a single "network hop" of an Akamai server. Akamai delivers more than 2 trillion daily Internet transactions. Akamai has a relationship with Microsoft dating back to 1999, and the partnership has grown to where Akamai now provides over 30 cloud-based services to more than 125 Microsoft groups.
In 2014 Akamai made significant strides with its climate change management strategy and mitigation, which directly translates into long-term reduced energy consumption and carbon footprints for Microsoft. The judges for the award were "impressed with Akamai’s commitment to climate risk management and the progress it has made on its 30 percent year-on-year goal to reduce energy and greenhouse gas intensity relative to network traffic, which it has largely achieved with innovations it will publicly share in peer forums."
The following were Climate Performance Leadership Award judges:
- Betty Cremmins, senior manager of Supply Chain at CDP
- Timothy D. Juliani, director of Corporate Engagement at the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions
- TJ DiCaprio, senior director of Environmental Sustainability at Microsoft
- Michael Mondshine, vice president of Sustainability and Energy at WSP
- Susan Wickwire, chief of the Energy Supply and Industry Branch at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Compass Group PLC — recipient of the 2015 Responsible Sourcing – Impact Sourcing Leadership Award
Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C., Compass Group North America leads the industry in food service management and support services. Compass Group North America serves clients such as IBM, United Technologies Corp., SAP, Louisiana State University, Texas A&M University and District of Columbia Public Schools. Compass Group provides catering to special events such as the U.S. Open and the Academy Awards. Compass Group was the official catering services supplier for the 2002 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games in Salt Lake City. Compass partnered with Microsoft’s Real Estate & Facilities group, establishing a leadership position with respect to the recruitment, onboarding, and continued placement of associates with disabilities. Compass was awarded Supplier of the Year and Technology Award for 2009. Compass has also won awards such as the William O. Ellison Award, the Governor’s Employee Award, and the Community Employment Alliance’s 2014 Community Innovation Award.
In 2014 Compass Group enabled 91 associates with disabilities, representing 8 percent of all associates at Microsoft, to experience a smooth and positive transition into Microsoft’s campus services work environment. The judges for the award were "impressed with Compass Group’s local stakeholder engagement coupled with a vision and model to scale that can be replicated by other companies."
The following were Impact Sourcing Leadership Award judges:
- Eric Simonson, managing partner for Research at Everest Group
- Gloria La Cava, coordinator for the Middle East and North Africa Youth Program at The World Bank
- Craig Osborne, engineering manager of the Open Solutions Group at Microsoft
- Rene Yoakum, general manager of Global Consumer Support at Microsoft
- Jane Hwang, chief operating officer at Social Accountability International
- Mamadou Biteye, managing director, Africa at The Rockefeller Foundation
Wipro Ltd. — recipient of the 2015 Supplier of the Year Award
Wipro is a global leader in providing IT services, outsourced R&D, infrastructure services, business process services, and business consulting. Across more than 16 geographies, Wipro specializes in IT consulting, product engineering services, business process outsourcing, cloud services, and eco energy, to name a few.
Wipro services clients from more than 72 centers, located in 59 countries, employing 99 nationalities. Wipro is headquartered in Bangalore, India, and around 60 percent of its people are located across its development centers in India, including Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Gurgaon, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Kochi, and Bhubaneswar.
Wipro is globally recognized for its innovative approach toward delivering business value and its commitment to sustainability. Wipro champions optimized utilization of natural resources, capital, and talent. Today it is a trusted partner of choice for global businesses looking to differentiate at the front and standardize at the core through technology interventions.
Wipro demonstrated excellence at Microsoft across multiple disciplines including Process Transformation (reducing time for development, human interaction and optimizing costs by tearing down deployments that are no longer needed), Product Quality Improvement (significantly reduced cycle times, cost savings, quality assurance rates exceeding expectations, and increasing test efficiency by 110 percent), and Cost Optimization Efficiency Improvement and Automation (eliminated post-release issues, improved real-time end-user coverage, and elevated product quality assurance). Through Wipro’s long history and broad engagement with Microsoft, it has repeatedly shown that it strives for excellence in everything it does for Microsoft. Microsoft would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge our Supplier of the Year award recipient Wipro Technologies.
2014 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Assembly/Edelman
- Brand Value Award: Intergen Ltd.
- Market Agility Award: Infosys Ltd.
- Innovation Award: arvato AG
- Reduced Risk Award: Accenture
- Cost Management Award: Beyondsoft Corp.
2013 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Tata Consultancy
- Brand Value Award: Metia
- Market Agility Award: CBRE Inc.
- Innovation and Reduced Risk Awards: Accenture
- Cost Management Award: Moravia IT
2011 Excellence Award Winners
- Diversity Excellence Award and Technology Excellence Award: Zones Inc.
- Environmental Excellence Award: Hyatt Hotels Corp.
- Quality Excellence Award: Moravia IT
- Service Excellence Award and Supplier of the Year Excellence Award: Accenture
- Value Excellence Award: ChinaSoft International
2010 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year Award: Hitachi
- Diversity Award: Allegis Group Services
- Environmental Award: Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Service Award: Pitney Bowes Inc.
- Technology Award: Hitachi Ltd.
- Quality Award: Universal McCann
- Value Award: Flextronics International Ltd.
2009 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year Award: Compass Group, North American Division
- Diversity Award: Corona Wright
- Environmental Award: DB Engineering
- Service Award: GLY Construction
- Technology Award: Compass Group, North American Division
- Quality Award: Crispin Porter & Bogusky LLC
- Value Award: Hitachi Global Storage Technologies (Hitachi GST)
2008 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Lionbridge Technologies Inc.
- Diversity: Marriott International Inc.
- Environmental: Grubb & Ellis Co. and Compass Group PLC.
- Service: CRG Events
- Technology: Toshiba America Inc.
- Quality: MV Transportation Inc.
- Value: Revonet Inc.
2007 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Grubb & Ellis Management Services
- Quality: MV Transportation
- Service: LCJ EEIG
- Technology: HP
- Value: Infineon Technologies
- Diversity: Kelly Services
2006 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Trammel Crow
- Quality: GE Plastics
- Service: Taylor Nelson Sofres
- Technology: MRM Partners Worldwide
- Value: Milligan Events
2005 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: JVC Disc America
- Diversity: Grubb & Ellis Co.
- Quality: Carlyle Inc
- Service: Foxlink International Inc.
- Technology: comScore SurveySite
- Value: Philips Optical Storage
2004 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Delta Electronics Inc. Power System Business Group
- Diversity: Dell
- Quality: Level 3 Communications, Inc.
- Service: Harte-Hanks Response Management
- Technology: SurveySite Inc.
- Value: Freeman Companies
2003 Excellence Award Winners
- Supplier of the Year: Flextronics International Ltd.
- Diversity: Compass Group and Thompson Hospitality
- Quality: Arvato Services Inc.
- Service: Excell Data Corp.
- Technology: Toshiba America Information Systems
- Value: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Optical Media Solutions Division)