Virtualizing enterprise applications
Take advantage of the latest in virtualization technologies and management tools to deliver the best performance, control and efficiencies for your tier-1 mission-critical enterprise software and applications, such as SQL, Exchange and SharePoint.Download the Windows Server 2012 R2 trialDownload the System Center 2012 R2 trial
Virtualization has enabled a new generation of datacenters with more efficiency and availability for your most demanding workloads, however tier-1 enterprise software and applications are typically last to be virtualized. Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V provides the enterprise-class scalability, performance, and key features that customers are looking for to virtualize their mission-critical enterprise software and applications with confidence.
With support for huge virtual machines, with up to 64 virtual processors, 1 terabyte of memory and 16 petabytes or storage, per virtual machine, along with deep hardware integration across both the hypervisor, storage and networking, Hyper-V provides the highest levels of performance needed for virtualizing applications, such as SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, and 3rd party enterprise software and applications such as SAP and Oracle.
Combine this powerful virtualization software with the deeply integrated management capabilities provided by System Center 2012 R2, and customers can streamline virtualizing applications and service deployment, monitoring, automation, protection and more, all at a significantly lower cost than VMware.
- Realize cost savings and operational efficiencies for virtualizing applications with Hyper-V; virtualization software built right into Windows Server
- Achieve best-in-class performance and scale required for virtualizing mission-critical enterprise software and applications such as SQL, Exchange and SharePoint
- Accelerate deployment of mission-critical enterprise software and applications into the virtualized environment through deeply integrated management tools within System Center
- Gain deeper visibility, integrated automation and granular protection for your mission-critical enterprise software and applications by virtualizing applications on Hyper-V, and managing with System Center
- Benefit from better economics than VMware with unlimited datacenter virtualization technologies and management products licensed on a per-processor basis
Virtualizing SQL Server
Achieve the performance, scale and mission-critical availability you expect from a modern data platform, with full virtualization software support and deep management integration.
- Best Practices for Virtualizing and Managing SQL Server 2012
- Why Microsoft for Virtualizing and Managing SQL Server
- Empire CLS Virtualize SQL Server 2012 case study
- SQL Server 2012 on Hyper-V: Performance Testing Report
- HP Database Consolidation Appliance for SQL Server: Performance Testing Report
- Windows Server, System Center and SQL Server: Better Together Whitepaper
With Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2, customers can not only realize unparalleled performance and scale for virtual machines running Exchange 2013, but benefit from integrated management tools for deeper control, insight and protection.
- Best Practices for Virtualizing and Managing Exchange
- Why Microsoft for Virtualizing and Managing Exchange
- Exchange 2013 on Hyper-V: Performance Testing Report
- Virtualization in Microsoft Exchange 2013 video
- Exchange 2013 Virtualization on TechNet
With Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2, customers can scale SharePoint deployments rapidly within virtual machines to meet the changing needs of the largest enterprises, all with integrated management tools for deeper control, insight and protection.
- Best Practices for Virtualizing and Managing SharePoint
- Why Microsoft for Virtualizing and Managing SharePoint White Paper
- SharePoint 2013 on Hyper-V: Performance Testing Report
- Design and Specifications for Virtualized SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Virtualization on TechNet
Virtualizing 3rd Party Applications
For customers with heterogeneous environments, Windows Server 2012 R2 and System Center 2012 R2 provide the highly available, scalable, resilient, and well-managed platform you need to deploy and run your key 3rd party workloads, such as SAP and Oracle, in virtual machines, with confidence.