Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager makes it easier for you to empower users to be productive with a unified infrastructure that delivers and manages user experiences across corporate and consumer devices.
Empower User Productivity
With Configuration Manager, you can empower users with the services they need to be productive from anywhere, on whatever device they choose. The solution:
- Manages a wide range of mobile and embedded devices, with a single administrative console for policies, asset management, and compliance reporting.
- Provides users with optimized application delivery to each of their devices based on device type and network capabilities.
- Allows users to securely self-provision applications with an easy-to-use web catalog.
Unify the IT Management Infrastructure
Configuration Manager helps you to streamline operations with a unified infrastructure that integrates client management and protection across mobile, physical and virtual environments. The solution:
- Provides a single, unified tool to manage all your client desktops, thin clients, mobile devices, and virtual desktops, including Windows RT, Windows Phone 8, and iOS through interoperability with Windows Intune.
- Consolidates antimalware protection, vulnerability prevention and remediation, and compliance reporting in a single infrastructure.
- Helps reduce infrastructure costs through server role consolidation, scalability enhancements, and heterogeneous server management.
Configuration Manager makes it easier and faster to administer client systems and offers improved visibility and enforcement options for maintaining system compliance. The new release:
- Continues to deliver world-class inventory, operating system deployment, update management, assessment, and settings enforcement—with exceptional support for Windows, including Windows Embedded devices.
- Makes day-to-day tasks easier by organizing administrative tasks by role and making it possible for administrators to define an application one time for delivery across multiple devices.
- Provides continuous settings enforcement to automatically identify and remediate non-compliant machines.