Today’s midsize business faces a number of different IT challenges, especially when staffed with smaller IT departments. These IT Professionals have to perform a broad range of IT tasks, rather than being specialized as we find in Enterprise. Typically, these IT challenges fall into four main categories.
Keeping IT Infrastructure Up and Running
- Reducing server sprawl and IT power/cooling costs
- Moving from reactive to proactive state. How to move from a reactive to a proactive state and anticipate problems.
Improving End User Productivity
- Quickly troubleshooting PC and laptop issues
- Deploying new software in a timely manner
Keeping System Up To Date
- Keeping hardware & software updated with the latest patches
- Ensuring changes are made on time
Keeping Track of What I Have
- Understanding what users have, purchasing the right software licenses
- Regulatory or internal compliance
To address these challenges, traditionally midsize organizations have had to deal with either expensive & complex Enterprise solutions or resort to manual processes and point solutions that only solve some of these challenges.
System Center Essentials 2010 (SCE 2010) is an IT management solution in the System Center family of IT systems management products specifically designed for midsized businesses. SCE 2010:
- Provides your organization a unified solution with a single console for managing a broad range of tasks across your physical and virtual servers, clients, hardware, software, and IT services for a unified experience.
- Enables you to proactively manage your IT environment, helping keep your system up-to-date with a solution that accelerates problem resolution and enables automation of system updates and data collection.
- Is easy to deploy and maintain helping simplify complex management tasks for increased IT efficiency.