Microsoft System Center 2012 provides a common management toolset to help you configure, provision, monitor, and operate your IT infrastructure. If your infrastructure is like that of most organizations, you have physical and virtual resources running heterogeneous operating systems. The integrated physical, virtual, private, and public cloud management capabilities in System Center 2012 can help you ensure efficient IT management and optimized ROI of those resources.
System Center 2012 delivers the following infrastructure management capabilities:
Provision your Physical and Virtual Infrastructure
- Support deployment and configuration of virtual servers and Hyper-V with Virtual Machine Manager.
- Manage VMware vSphere and Citrix XenServer using one interface.
- Automatically deploy Hyper-V to bare metal servers and create Hyper-V clusters.
- Provision everything from operating systems to physical servers, patches, and endpoint protection with Configuration Manager.
Provision Private Clouds
- Use "create cloud" functionality in Virtual Machine Manager to aggregate virtual resources running on Hyper-V, vSphere, and XenServer into a unified private cloud fabric.
- Customize and assign private cloud resources to suit your organization’s needs.
- Deliver self-service capability for application owners to request and automate provisioning of new private cloud resources.
Operate Your Infrastructure
- Leverage a single console and customizable dashboards in Operations Manager to monitor and manage your physical, virtual, networking, application, and cloud resources.
- Dynamically optimize virtual resources for load balancing and power efficiency.
- Protect your physical and virtual resources with Endpoint Protection and Data Protection Manager.
- Automatically patch your physical and virtual resources with Configuration Manager and Virtual Machine Manager.
- Automatically track and create custom reports for hardware inventory, software inventory, and software usage metering.