System Center 2012 helps you simplify and standardize your datacenter with flexible service delivery and automation. Using the Service Manager and Orchestrator components of System Center 2012, you can automate core organizational process workflows like incident management, problem management, change management, and release management. You can also integrate and extend your existing toolsets and build flexible workflows (or runbooks) to automate processes across your IT assets and organizations.
System Center 2012 delivers the following service delivery and automation capabilities:
Standardize Services Provided to IT Service Consumers
- Define standardized service offerings by leveraging dependencies in a centralized configuration management database (CMDB).
- Publish standardized service offerings through the Service Catalog offered by Service Manager.
- Provision and allocate pooled infrastructure resources to internal business unit ITs (BUITs) using the Cloud Services Process Pack (CSPP) that’s natively integrated into Service Manager.
- Chargeback (or showback) storage, network, and compute costs to BUITs; specify pricing for each BUIT at different levels of granularity.
- Ensure compliance with pertinent industry regulations and business needs with the IT GRC Process Pack.
Empower IT Service Consumers with the Ability to Identify, Access, and Request Services
- Enable self-service infrastructure with the self-service portal offered by Service Manager.
- Set access and resource quota levels on a per-user or per-BUIT basis.
- Ensure capture and tracking of required service request information.
Automate Processes and Systems Necessary to Fulfill Service Requests
- Integrate and extend automation across System Center and third-party management toolsets (including BMC, HP, IBM, and VMware) with Orchestrator Integration Packs; extend automation to Windows Azure Virtual Machine workflows without the need for coding or scripting.
- Orchestrate automated workflows across multiple processes, departments, and systems.
- Automate provisioning of service requests for end-to-end request fulfillment.