SQL Server 2012 SP1 Enterprise Edition (x64)
This document and its links contain important information and processes for understanding and using SQL Server 2012 SP1 CC Version (11.0.3000.0) as evaluated and certified according to the Common Criteria (CC).
The CC Evaluations of Microsoft SQL Server 2012
This is the second CC evaluation of SQL Server 2012. It evaluated the comprehensive set of security capabilities of SQL Server 2012 as described in the Security Target. To provide a timely formal evaluation as requested by Microsoft customers, the first evaluation was performed at the medium Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL2) by a complete Security Target while the second evaluation was performed at Evaluation Assurance Level 4 augmented by ALC_FLR.2 (EAL4+).
The Certifying Body, CC Certificate, and Evaluation Lab
SQL Server 2012 SP1 has been successfully evaluated using the Security Target referenced below at EAL4+ by the Bundesamt für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI). Information about BSI, the certifying body of the German government can be found here.
Important Download Instructions
Please perform the following steps in order to ensure the integrity of your downloads from this site:
- Download the FCIV Tool. The sha-1 value of this download is 99fb35d97a5ee0df703f0cdd02f2d787d6741f65 (hex) and shall be verified before executing the download. This can be done using any tool capable of calculating SHA-1 values.
- Download the CC Guidance Addendum to the directory where FCIV has been extracted.
- Open a command prompt and change to directory where FCIV has been extracted.
- Check the integrity of the CC Guidance Addendum using MS_SQL_AGD_ADD_1.0.pdf -sha1 and verify that the result is c2fd08a1699d845ffa5655d83d726e1c897a65ba ms_sql_agd_add_1.0.pdf.
- Follow the CC Guidance Addendum for further installation and configuration of the TOE (Target of Evaluation, for details see “Security Target").
Downloads for CC SQL Server 2012
This web site provides links for downloads of documents and processes necessary for the proper installation and operation of SQL Server 2012 SP1 CC version based on SQL Server 2012 SP1. A short description of each follows:
- Security Target - This document describes the security functionalities and assurance measures used to evaluate SQL Server 2012 SP1 and to which the product complies.
- CC Guidance Addendum - This document provides guidance information to be used with and modifies the Books Online documentation specifically for the operation and use of the Common Criteria version.
- Books Online Documentation Package - This file contains the product documentation and guidance.
- Check Validation Data - This file contains hash values in form of XML files and a cmd-file that can be used to verify the integrity of the product as described in the Guidance Addendum.
- Permissions Hierarchy - This file contains the complete hierarchy of permissions within SQL Server Database Engine.
- Server Trace
Microsoft's Commitment to CC Certification
Microsoft is committed to security in the development of our products, security with and provided by these products, and security in the use of these products. Part of that commitment is the independent third-party evaluation of our products and in the Common Criteria as a proven and accepted process to ensure appropriate and necessary security. Microsoft is committed to using the Common Criteria, to making the CC better, and to security, evaluation, and assurance beyond the CC.
Microsoft Common Criteria Evaluations
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 SP2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP1
- Exchange Server 2007 SP2
- Exchange Server 2010
- Exchange Server 2010 SP1
- Forefront Identity Manager 2010
- Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010
- Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006
- Microsoft SDK for Open XML Formats V1.0
- Windows Mobile 5.0
- Windows Mobile 6.0
- Windows Mobile 6.1
- Windows Mobile System Center Mobile Device Manage 2008
- Windows Mobile 6.5
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista/Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V Role
- Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Hyper-V