SQL Server 2005 Support Information
On April 12, 2011, SQL Server 2005 transitioned from Mainstream Support to Extended Support, which includes:
- Paid support (charged on an hourly basis per incident). Customers will no longer receive no-charge incident support and warranty claims, and won’t be able to request design changes or features.
- Security update support at no additional cost.
- Non-security related hotfix support will require a separate Extended Hotfix Support Agreement to be purchased within 90 days of the end of Mainstream Support – July 11th, 2011.
What Are Your Options
- Remain on SQL Server 2005 with Extended Support. You can still open support incidents and receive support, however you will not be able to request specific fixes.
- Remain on SQL Server 2005 with Extended Support and purchase Extended Hotfix Support. You can then open support incidents and request specific fixes.
- Upgrade to a supported version of SQL Server.