- What is the Microsoft Students to Business Program?
The Microsoft Students to Business program connects tech savvy students like you with internships and job opportunities. Let us help you pursue your dreams, and launch your first career. S2B has inside access to Microsoft’s global network of partners and customers. These companies are looking to hire talented young workers who have recognized skills on Microsoft technologies. That’s where you come in. S2B can even help you expand your talents with training resources to boost your skills and achieve industry recognized technology certifications—everything you’ll need to stand out in today’s job market.
- How does the Students to Business Program differ from standard job boards?
Whereas standard job boards provide broad lists of candidates across all functions, ages, interests, and experience levels, the Microsoft Students to Business program provides employers a targeted source for young workers with recognized skills on Microsoft technologies. This narrowed focus enables recruiters to accelerate the hiring process by enabling them to search for qualified candidates by technology, region and certification.
- I am a student looking to pursue internships and jobs outside my country of residence. How do I expand my search to include a different country?
The Students to Business Program is a global program with internship and job opportunities across the world. You can expand your search to additional countries by selecting the country you are targeting on the Get Registered page.
Depending on language, you may want to localize your CV or resume in order to better represent your skills to local employers.
- When I find a potential match with a job opening, how do I submit my resume?
Once you select the country you are targeting, register within the program or log in if you are a current member.
For students seeking jobs in the United States, simply click on the “post your resume” link on the right side of the page.
If you are a student seeking a job in any other country, simply log into your country’s portal and click on “Edit my profile” on the right side of the page, then on “attachments.” You may attach your CV or resume to your profile through the easy-to-use wizard on the page.
Once you have a CV or resume uploaded, you can simply search for jobs and apply! When the employer reviews your application they will see your resume along with any other information in your public profile.
- Why are jobs limited to experience level less than 5 years?
In order to provide employers a source for talent to fulfill internships and job roles for individuals searching for their first career, the Microsoft Students to Business Program has limited the experience level to less than 5 years.
- Is there a fee to participate in Microsoft Students to Business?
No fee is required to participate.
- What fields are available for refining my search?
Microsoft Students to Business offers internships and jobs across both full and part time. Search can be refined by date posted, experience level, keyword, and locale.
- I would like to work with Microsoft. Are openings at Microsoft available and included in these lists?
Yes, in some cases we post Microsoft jobs to this site that are a good match for students seeing their first career or an internship.
- How often are new jobs added to the program?
As updates are made real-time, new internships and jobs are being added all the time.
- I am interested in starting my own business rather than gaining full time employment. How can Students to Business help me get started?
Microsoft BizSpark provides access to a huge community of peers, the opportunity to connect with investors, mentors, and partners and free software and support to help you get your startup running.
- Are government/public sector job roles available in the program?
Yes, in some cases governments will post their open jobs on Students to Business.
- I’m having trouble with the tool. Who can I contact for support?
Each country has local contact information to help you troubleshoot any issues you experience uploading jobs or posting your resume, found under the “Contact Us” section.
- I am an organization with open positions we are looking to fill. How do I add my job opportunities to the program?
Employers register to find top talent by creating their Students to Business account, targeting the job to the candidates they want and then refining their search and engaging candidates through the program.
- How can I find out more about Microsoft’s Certifications?
Microsoft offers a variety of certifications to meet your technology career objectives. Exams you pass and certifications you earn can be added to your CV or resume, and are an integral part of showcasing your skills to hiring managers. A Microsoft Certification is an industry standard that is recognized worldwide and can help open doors to potential job opportunities. Find out more about Microsoft Certifications.
- I am currently in school but looking for a local testing center to complete my Microsoft certification. How do I locate a center?
MOS and MTA certification exams are delivered through Certiport testing centers. Visit the Certiport website to find a local testing center.
- Is there a feed that can be sent to me weekly on updated jobs in my search area that fit my profile?
Not at this time. However, you may refine your job search to only show those that have been posted within the last week. You can continue to refine your search by keywords, location, experience requirements, and more.
- How long should I expect to wait before an employer responds to me when I send them my resume?
As employers are all working against individual timelines, there is no stated timeframe from when an employer responds to a candidate’s request. However generally we have seen response times from 4 days to 3 weeks.
- I have landed a job. How can I connect back with Students to Business to share my story?
Congratulations! We would love to feature your story! We want to hear from students who are successfully landing jobs as a result of the Students to Business Program. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to share your story.
- I don’t have Windows 8 but have heard there are opportunities for students to get special pricing on some of the Microsoft software. How can I find out more?
DreamSpark is a Microsoft Program that supports technical education by providing access to Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes. The program offers Microsoft professional-level developer and designer tools at no cost.
You can also look at the Microsoft Student portal to see what special deals are available to you right now!
- I recently graduated. Can I still participate in Students to Business?
Yes, the Microsoft Students to Business Program is offered to individuals with 5 years or less experience.