The series, Data Governance for Privacy, Confidentiality, and Regulatory Compliance (ZIP file, 5.75 MB), includes white papers and webcasts to help you implement or expand a data governance initiative and information security policy in your business.
- Part 1: The Case for Data Governance - white paper (PDF, 1.12 MB)
- Part 2: People and Process - white paper (PDF, 1.63 MB)
- Part 3: Managing Technological Risk - white paper (PDF, 1.41 MB)
- Part 4: A Capability Maturity Model - white paper (PDF, 977 KB)
- Part 5: Moving to Cloud Computing - white paper (PDF, 1.26 MB)
- Application Privacy Assessment (PDF, 437 KB)
- Begin to evaluate an application and its operating environment by comparing it to industry best practices and your organization’s privacy and data security policies.
- Compliance Solution Accelerators
- Find Microsoft-recommended resources that provide guidance and tools to manage compliance infrastructure and to institute sound principles of IT service governance.
- MOF to COBIT/Val IT Comparison and Cross-Implementation Guide (PDF, 1.66 MB)
- Review tips and techniques for leveraging the Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) 4.0 to meet the governance, risk, and compliance objectives defined within COBIT 4.1 (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology) and Val IT 2.0.