Aliases: No associated aliases
Windows Defender detects and removes this unwanted software.
This browser modifier makes changes to your Internet browser. It can inject ads to search results pages, modify web pages to insert ads, and open ads in new tabs.
This threat is an unwanted software. An unwanted software is a program that alters your Windows experience without your consent or control. We use a set of evaluation criteria to determine what programs are classified as unwanted software. As the software ecosystem evolves, so do our evaluation criteria. To learn more, read these blog entries:
- Protecting customers from being intimidated into making an unnecessary purchase
- Cleaners ought to be clean (and clear)
- A brief discourse on ‘Changing browsing experience’
- Keeping browsing experience in users’ hands
- Keeping Browsing Experience in Users’ Hands, an Update...
- Cleaning up misleading advertisements
- Adware: A new approach
This program poses a high threat to your PC.
Use the following free Microsoft software to detect and remove this threat:
- Windows Defender for Windows 10 and Windows 8.1, or Microsoft Security Essentials for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Microsoft Safety Scanner
You should also run a full scan. A full scan might find hidden threats.
Get more help
If you’re using Windows XP, see our Windows XP end of support page.