Unique technology for enterprise customers
The Windows 7 Enterprise operating system (OS) is available to Microsoft Software Assurance customers. With Windows 7 Enterprise, you can take advantage of the following features that are not available in Windows 7 Professional:
- DirectAccess: Give mobile users seamless access to corporate networks without a need to VPN.
- BranchCache: Decrease the time branch office users spend waiting to download files across the network.
- Federated Search: Find information in remote repositories, including SharePoint sites, with a simple user interface.
- BitLocker and BitLocker To Go: Help protect data on PCs and removable drives, with manageability to enforce encryption and backup of recovery keys.
- AppLocker: Specify what software is allowed to run on a user's PCs through centrally managed but flexible Group Policies.
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) optimizations: Improved user experience for VDI with multimon and microphone support, which have the ability to reuse virtual hard drive (VHD) images to boot a physical PC.
- Multilingual user interface: Create a single OS image for deployment to users worldwide.