Determined to offer customers a more flexible, personalised service, Pakistan’s KASB Bank deployed Microsoft Dynamics® CRM 4.0 business management software. Microsoft® Gold Certified Partner Maison Consulting & Solutions customised the technology to streamline collections management and integrate it with call centre systems. The bank’s customers now benefit from a faster, more efficient service.
Part of KASB Group, KASB Bank is one of Pakistan’s leading financial services organisations. It aims to build and retain stronger customer relationships through more flexible products and services, and by offering a diverse range of delivery channels that make banking easier.
Technology is at the heart of this strategy. According to Sufian Saeed, Project Manager, Remote Banking Division at KASB Bank, cutting-edge systems are necessary to deliver the highest level of service. “The retention of profitable customers is a major challenge for many financial organisations,” he says. “In this market, we need to reach out to customers and manage their demands effectively. The only way to do this is to invest in technology that supports new channels through which we can deliver fast and secure banking services.”
|Using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, employees can identify the bank’s most profitable customers and implement effective retention strategies such as building a better understanding of their portfolios. |
Project Manager, Remote Banking Division,
Over time, KASB Bank introduced locally developed IT systems, including a customer relationship management (CRM) solution. As the organisation grew, this system struggled with the complex needs of a large bank. For example, the information of just one quarter of the bank’s customers—those who held debit cards—was managed by the system. As a result, detailed, historical customer data was simply not available to employees, making it difficult for them to respond quickly to customer requests.
This lack of information also restricted internal processes. In particular, collections management was difficult to control. With no system in place to track products taken up by the customer, such as finance and instalment loans, the bank found it hard to forecast revenue accurately. Mujtaba Habib, Vice President IT Division, KASB Bank, says: “This is an issue that, if improperly managed, can cost businesses millions of dollars. To minimise risk and improve customer satisfaction, we needed faster, more accurate ways of identifying potential revenue issues, such as outstanding loan payments.”
Maison Consulting & Solutions is a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner that specialises in integrating Microsoft Dynamics solutions. In a series of consulting sessions, the organisation introduced KASB Bank to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0—management software that helps bring together all areas of a business. Habib says: “We looked at implementing a Siebel solution or other locally developed technologies, but our colleagues at Maison Consulting & Solutions showed us how Microsoft Dynamics CRM could resolve our problems more cost effectively.”
As an existing Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customer, KASB Bank is entitled to savings on new software licences. Habib says: “We also have a Microsoft infrastructure in place and the deployment of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 has helped us standardise IT across the enterprise and reduce the need for training.”
Maison Consulting & Solutions developed a collections management module on Microsoft Dynamics CRM, which merges collections activities with sales activities. For example, calls from customers with defaulted loans are automatically routed to the collections management department.
The partner also developed a Microsoft .NET–based solution, which integrates with certified technology that extracts information from core banking. Sultan Hamdani, Senior Consultant and Chief Operating Officer, Maison Consulting & Solutions, says: “Any user of Microsoft Dynamics CRM with authorised access can provide account balances or carry out funds transfers and bill payments in real time, over the telephone.”
Microsoft Dynamics CRM was easily customised to support a complaints management system that routes and escalates calls automatically. It works with Microsoft Office Outlook® 2007, which triggers workflows and tracks complaints, and the bank’s call centre solution, which automates the distribution of calls between agents who can process requests such as pay orders and debit card replacements. Munawar Jaffrani, Executive Vice President and Head of Service Quality and Remote Banking, KASB Bank, says: “The integration capabilities available in Microsoft Dynamics CRM have made it easy for us to create end-to-end automation in the contact centre.”
The solution also integrates with interactive voice response technology from Genesys. This touch-tone system uses speech recognition for automated conversational exchange and works with Microsoft Dynamics CRM to identify and resolve customer queries. Requests for new financial instruments, for example, can be taken care of electronically, reducing some of the call load and freeing staff to handle other inquiries.
Today, KASB Bank employees can respond to customer needs quickly and provide a more personalised service. Waqar A. Khan, Group Executive Operations and Technology, KASB Bank, says: “CRM is the prime focus of this bank. Microsoft Dynamics CRM ensures that the entire KASB Bank team can achieve excellence in managing customer relationships.”
- Customer needs are met quickly. Customers can carry out most of their financial transactions over the telephone instead of having to come into the branch. Queries can be dealt with faster and more efficiently in one call, by one advisor.
- Bank minimises risk. The solution flags behaviours that put customers at risk, such as late loan payments, giving employees time to take proactive steps to minimise problems. “The Microsoft Dynamics CRM module for collections management has worked so well, we’re applying it to all other group companies, such as the bonds and securities divisions, and in other areas such as operations and card production,” says Habib.
- Employees can increase targeted selling. With a clear view of customer history at their fingertips, customer relationship officers use relevant data for targeted cross-selling of more sophisticated products, helping the bank to increase revenues. Tabish Sabah, Enterprise Partner Group Lead, Microsoft, says: “Microsoft Dynamics CRM supports KASB Bank in the promotion of its services. Using this technology, bank employees can make a true impact on the market.”
- Bank retains valuable customers. “Using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, employees can identify the bank’s most profitable customers and implement effective retention strategies such as building a better understanding of their portfolios,” says Saeed.
- Employees work more efficiently. Automated call systems help to relieve pressure from employees, meaning the bank can take on a greater number of customers without employing additional call centre staff. In some cases, employees can be redeployed to other areas of the business.
For more information about other Microsoft customer successes, please visit: www.microsoft.com/resources/casestudies
All rights reserved. This case study is for informational purposes only. MICROSOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN THIS SUMMARY.