Leadway Assurance Company wanted to improve cross selling and create an automated system to replace paper-based processes. It deployed Microsoft Dynamics® CRM 4.0 customer relationship management (CRM) software for its sales, marketing, and client services teams. With customer information centralised, staff easily track policy life cycles and anniversaries at the click of a mouse, and the application has integrated well with existing IT assets.
With more than 86,000 active customers and a range of insurance products in its sales portfolio, Leadway Assurance Company in Nigeria is a significant contributor to the national economy. Founded in 1970, Leadway specialises in a wide range of health, life, and non-life insurance policies.
|With everyone having access to customers’ histories, we are in a position to build trusted relationships with our clients…We are better able to keep our service promises.|
Customer Relationship Management Project Coordinator,
Leadway Assurance Company
Rapid expansion in recent years posed challenges to its ageing business management solution while its CRM system was largely dependent on e-mail messaging and paper systems. Leadway developed an application to manage claims and store all policy information, but the solution was not suited for CRM. As a result, new sales and cross-selling opportunities were often missed by Leadway employees operating in a highly competitive market.
Ayuba Oladele, Customer Relationship Management Project Coordinator, Leadway Assurance Company, says: “Sales agents and marketers were not able to follow up leads, and lacked any analytics systems to generate new prospects from within the existing customer base. We needed to implement a set of tools to manage client profiles across the organisation and connect customers to their insurance policies. We were also unable to track the history of our interactions with customers and brokers, making it difficult to fully understand those customers’ and brokers’ needs.”
With existing paper-based systems, tracing customer histories was often a slow process, and risked more than one employee contacting the same customer, duplicating work and compromising the organisation’s professional image. Services agents needed an improved automated logging system for their daily call reports so they could generate detailed analysis and reporting from single data entry.
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner Global 4sight Vantage (G4V), which has offices in Ghana, Nigeria, and the United Kingdom, demonstrated its ability to deploy Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 to the key business decision makers at Leadway. An important factor in the presentation concerned linking the core insurance application to the proposed CRM tool set. By centralising customer information, Leadway would immediately gain an in-depth view of a customer portfolio and a history of the relationship from first contact to after-sales service.
Sales agents access client policy information through a Web-based portal in Microsoft Dynamics CRM. This was made possible due to G4V using the Microsoft® .NET Framework to develop two-way integration between Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Legis. Sales and marketing agents can now manage these functions from their desktops and the toolset provides native integration with Microsoft Office Outlook® software. Sales agents use the system to:
• Report their daily interactions with brokers and customers and extract relevant data when they need to compile management reports.
• Access financial information about their clients from Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Track client policy life cycles and customer histories without having to go to different units within the company to compile the information.
Since deploying Microsoft Dynamics, managers can see the interplay between, staff, customers, and agents and brokers in a way that promotes better management. CRM task and schedule management features ensure that outstanding issues are not left unattended. Oladele says: “With everyone having access to customers’ histories, we are in a position to build trusted relationships with our clients. Everything about our relationship with a client today depends on issues we shared in the past. We are better able to keep our service promises.”
- Enhanced customer retention. With better tracking of new customer leads and client information at their fingertips, sales agents have strengthened customer loyalty and increased sales figures.
- Reduced administration and greater productivity. Oladele calculates that customer-facing employees save an average of an hour a week—time that was previously spent on administration and paper work.
- Integration with existing IT assets. By using the .NET Framework development system, Leadway has successfully integrated its existing business management system with the CRM software without the need for expensive third-party solutions.
- Automated reporting for senior managers. Senior managers now have improved visibility over the whole business. Analytical reports are available in real time so they no longer have to wait for paper reports that could be out of date when produced.
- Increased cross-selling opportunities. Better and more simplified access to client information has improved the potential for cross selling. Previously, customer data was stored in a table and sent around the company through the e-mail system.
For more information about other Microsoft customer successes, please visit: www.microsoft.com/casestudies
This case study is for informational purposes only. MICROSOFT MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN THIS SUMMARY.