Office File Validation is a security add-in for Office 2003 and 2007. Office File Validation is used to validate that Binary File Format files conform to the Microsoft Office File Format. The user will be notified of possible security risks if files fail to conform to the format.
Supported Operating System
Windows 7; Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- This update applies to the following product:
- Supported Windows Installer Version: Windows
Installer 3.1 or greater
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 includes Windows Installer 3.1. Windows Installer 3.1 is also available as a
separate download at the following location:
Note: IT professionals should refer to the IT professional resources section.
If you have
Microsoft Office 2007 System, do one of the following:
- Install Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in (KB2501584). To do this, follow these
IT professional resources
- Download the .exe file by using the links at the bottom of the page, and then save the file to your hard disk drive.
- It is
recommended that you quit any programs you are running.
- In Windows Explorer, double-click the .exe file that you saved to your hard disk
drive, and follow the instructions on the screen.
The downloads for this update are under
the Files in this Download
section below. You can double-click the executable package to begin installation, or extract the installer files (MSI
files) by using a command line. The command line and instructions are included in the Knowledge Base article Command line switches for Microsoft Self-Extractor packages (KB912203)
See the Microsoft
Knowledge Base article Description of the Microsoft Office File Validation Add-in (KB2501584)
further information about this update.