Accessible Technology in Today's Business
Microsoft Press, in conjunction with Microsoft's Accessible Technology Group, produced the book entitled Accessible Technology in Today's Business: Case Studies for Success, to demonstrate to business organizations that not only are accessible solutions available today that provide people with disabilities the essential tools they need to work, but that it makes good business sense to do so.
The book provides:
- A discussion of the business value of providing accessible technology in your organization. You'll learn how accessible technology can help you retain your most valued employees, recruit the most talented minds, and attract new customers.
- An overview of what accessible technology means including information about assistive technology products available today, and how individuals with disabilities and whole organizations can benefit from using these products.
- In-depth case studies that showcase solutions implemented in healthcare, retail, manufacturing, government, and financial organizations. These case studies feature best practices and lessons learned from organizations such as Cingular Wireless, Compaq Computer Corporation, General Motors, RBC Financial Group, Sears, the State of Georgia, UnumProvident, and the U.S. Department of Defense.
- A five-step process your organization can use to develop and execute a strategic accessible technology plan as well as ideas on how to measure progress and sustain the plan over time.
- Important purchase considerations and tools to help you identify solutions that will work well for your organization.
- A prediction of what the future holds for accessible technology based on today's research trends.
Authors: Gary Moulton, LaDeana Huyler, Janice Hertz, and Mark Levenson