For a business that has seen some of the most challenging times, capital markets players are constantly innovating and developing cutting edge business and technology strategies to achieve alpha for their clients.
Microsoft’s vision for the trading room is a straight-through-processing platform that facilitates trading, collaboration and business productivity, and extends to risk management and settlement. This is performed in a seamless manner to allow capital market firms to focus on maximizing trading opportunities rather than managing technology and tools for sustaining a trading operation.
Microsoft together with its partners offers end-to-end mission critical solutions that offer tremendous agility and scale while continuing to provide the connectivity and speed that is the hallmark of a trading room infrastructure. These solutions encompass trading across currencies as well as asset classes and derivatives, support exchange or OTC trading, and can be offered as on-premise or in the cloud. They are complemented with real time analytics and decision support, on a complete and familiar Microsoft platform for rapid deployment.
A seamless and integrated Microsoft stack means no additional investments to connect disparate technologies or bring together data from multiple sources for pre-trade risk assessment.
Microsoft, along with leading capital markets ISV’s, offers compelling advantages as a solution provider for the mission critical requirements of the trading room. Such advantages include:
- Speed - Creating an extremely low latency trading infrastructure
- Computing power - Churning huge volumes of data to predict trends and make the best trade via complex event processing capabilities
- Business insight – Real-time stream insight and search capabilities to maximize trading scenarios
- Risk management – Capabilities to minimize pre-trade and post trade risk
- Business productivity – Collaboration tools encompassing voice, messaging, video and web conferencing
- Straight through processing – Connecting trading infrastructure to existing risk and back-office systems to offer real-time views across all lines of business
- Access - Multiple channels including mobile devices
- Scalability – Huge parallel processing capabilities
- Rapid deployment – Enabling fast time to market for new products