|Mobility – Is the Trend toward Mobility Helping Your Business?|
| We live in an “always on” society. A number of factors are driving this trend including a user population who choose to adopt devices and applications that keep them connected to what matters in their world. According to market researcher mobiThinking, the number of smartphones has now broken the one billion mark. This represents over sixteen percent penetration and a staggering growth rate of 46.6 percent in just twelve months. And it’s not only smartphones. Tablets and rugged mobile devices are offered at price points that make them affordable options for personal and business use. Ease, convenience, flexibility, agility. With the appetite for all things on-the-go, is your organization harnessing mobility in the most effective way? |
Offer Choice and Improve Security with Policy and Access Management
- Take advantage of new device features that support innovation;
- Reduce the IT burden by moving from device management to policy and access management;
- Offer choice with a variety of hardware options that meet corporate policy requirements.
Stay Productive Everywhere
- Foster productivity with integrated communications across any connected device;
- Simplify access to people with knowledge – reduce the time it takes to find answers and make decisions;
- Enable employees to meet work and personal commitments with flexibility.
Foster Business Agility with Mobile Line of Business
- Enable line of business applications for smartphones or tablets;
- Keep core business workflows moving quickly in the field;
- Reduce learning curves by providing a consistent interface.
How Can Microsoft Help?
Microsoft’s transformation to a devices and services company is providing more choice for the enterprise than ever. How well does your IT blueprint support your competitive advantage? Have you considered the full breadth of options that are available to transform your business? Are you building the right mobile strategy into your IT plans?
| Get the best of work and play with a Windows tablet. Play games, watch your favorite movies, read, and catch up with family and friends. The bonus? Get stuff done with Office at the same time. With a Windows tablet you can do two things at once side-by-side, and access your files anywhere. An iPad just can’t do all of that. |
Choose from sleek new Windows 8 and Windows RT devices that fit your life and your pocketbook.
| At the heart of the Microsoft Cloud OS vision, Windows Server 2012 R2 brings Microsoft’s experience delivering global-scale cloud services into your infrastructure. Windows Server 2012 R2 offers exciting new features and enhancements across virtualization, storage, networking, virtual desktop infrastructure, access and information protection, and more. Windows Server 2012 R2 is currently in preview and will be available soon for evaluation purposes. |
| Ask the Experts: Enterprise Unified Communication Trends |
| Join us on July 15th at 9am Pacific for a conversation with Jonathan Aisenberg and Jaime Stark, product managers for Microsoft Lync, about trends in unified communications (“UC”) encompassing instant messaging, presence, voice, and video. Learn more about enabling a mobile workforce, providing a high productivity environment for Millennials, and the different ways that Enterprises are realizing ROI with UC. But most of all, they’ll answer your questions! Register now and start submitting your Enterprise UC questions via Yammer. See you on the 15th! |
|Back to top|
| Microsoft SQL Server 2014 was announced at Microsoft TechEd 2013. Designed and developed with our cloud-first principles in mind, SQL Server 2014 builds on the momentum of SQL Server 2012, released just 14 months ago. We are excited to share a closer look at some of the exciting capabilities included in SQL Server 2014 that will help you unlock real-time insights across all your mission critical, hybrid and cloud performance workloads. |
SQL Server 2014 helps organizations by delivering:
- Mission Critical Performance across all database workloads with In-Memory for online transaction processing (OLTP), data warehousing and business intelligence built-in as well as greater scale and availability
- Platform for Hybrid Cloud enabling organizations to more easily build, deploy and manage database solutions that span on-premises and cloud
- Faster Insights from Any Data with a complete BI solution using familiar tools like Excel
| Lync makes communicating easy with a consistent and familiar experience available on PCs, tablets, and mobile devices. The new immersive Lync app for Windows 8 and Windows RT provides a seamless touch-first experience. |