The Microsoft and Redknee alliance brings about a transformation in the telecom billing space by providing an expanded and pre-integrated software solution to communication service providers. Redknee’s Turnkey Converged Billing (TCB) solution provides faster time-to-market for new services, improved business decision making through advanced reporting and analytics, and lower total cost of ownership. Redknee’s TCB utilizes the flexible tools and technology within Microsoft Dynamics CRM, SQL Server 2012, and Windows Server 2008, to bring to market one of the industry’s most comprehensive, real-time converged billing solutions - helping service providers to better understand, segment, and market to their subscriber base and deliver real-time transaction capabilities and customer usage data across their organizations.
Turnkey Converged Billing
Redknee TCB with Microsoft Dynamics CRM combines converged billing and revenue management capabilities with integrated sales force automation and marketing tools to help service providers increase revenue and capitalize on new opportunities. Because Redknee Turnkey Converged Billing with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is based on an open architecture that seamlessly integrates with core network elements, service providers can accomplish the transition from legacy billing systems with minimal disruption. This integrated, end-to-end solution covers a full spectrum of real-time billing, customer care, and enterprise CRM capabilities, along with consolidated customer information, so that service providers can offer a seamless experience to subscribers. With SQL Server 2012, Redknee TCB is proven to be scalable to 250 million subscribers. Conducted at the Microsoft Partner Solution Center with Intel, NEC and X-IO, this benchmark test achieved the largest scalability results reported in the telecoms sector today, while meeting significant performance and cost efficiency requirements for Tier 1 service providers. Some of the key benefits to the solution include:
- Real-time billing capabilities enhanced with robust CRM functionality
- Faster time-to-market for new services
- Carrier grade, Tier-1 market-leading scalability with SQL 2012
- Improved business decision making through advanced reporting and analytics
- Lower total cost of ownership and ease of use
- Extensive customer management and sales and marketing tools
Increase Revenue with New Monetization Opportunities
Improve average revenue per user, derive more value from the network, and increase the ability to monetize each transaction and service that goes across your network. Redknee TCB with Microsoft Dynamics CRM empowers operators to consolidate real-time data from across your business and provide the tools your organization needs to segment markets intelligently. Act rapidly on insights and expand and tailor service offerings and rate plans, helping to increase usage and the uptake of services. The resulting 360-degree view of customers and services helps increase opportunities for impulse purchases and upselling from virtually anywhere, including retail outlets, the customer care center, self-care portals, and mobile devices.
Create Differentiated Customer Experiences
Deliver differentiated customer experiences that treat each customer like a unique individual. Redknee Turnkey Converged Billing with Microsoft Dynamics CRM provides access to powerful business intelligence gained through historical and real-time customer usage data and subscriber profiles. Such knowledge helps you better understand subscribers and quickly launch personalized communications, and promotions tailored to your subscriber base. These offers and touch points foster a personal connection that can lead to greater customer loyalty, which helps set you apart from the competition. Powerful sales and marketing functionality along with an integrated agent desktop help you target offers and reduce churn, call-handling time, and agent training.
Agility Out of the Box
Redknee Turnkey Converged Billing with Microsoft Dynamics CRM helps service providers control the cost of customer acquisition and customer service, as well as capital, operating, and other expenditures. This enables you to manage any service across any access technology and support all payment types—prepaid, postpaid, or a hybrid. Because it is a converged and fully integrated solution, service providers can implement it far faster than competing solutions and break free from the burden of time-consuming integration and customization of business critical systems. This means service providers can bring to market and capitalize on services and products and provide integrated offerings more quickly.
Redknee has extensive experience with solution conversion (moving from an outdated billing platform to the joint Redknee/ Microsoft solution), with results that speak for themselves:
- Total Project Cost is <50% of industry average.
- 100% success rate in conversions.
- Converted customers experience resulted in a >25% average growth in their customer base.
- Business Processes adapted to Redknee solution within 6 months.
- Full solution can be deployed in less than 14 weeks (typical deployments take many months- or even years)
Benchmark Results Equal High Performance and Low Cost
Thanks to its full integration with Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Redknee’s converged billing solution brings a high performance platform with significant cost reductions.
When tested at 250 million subscribers, Redknee’s converged billing processed 9.8 billion call detail records (CDRs) in one day. On average this means that 113,400 CDRs were processed per second, providing a platform that will meet the requirements to manage the expected exponential increase of mobile data traffic due to the rise of mobile-connected tablet PCs and the rise of machine-to-machine offerings.
Our hardware and technology partnerships have already resulted in significant achievements, with a proven reduction in hardware and software costs of 50% for our billing and customer care solution and the largest scalability test in the telecoms industry. As a group we are able to deliver a much more cost-efficient product to the market, proving that a Redknee solution with partners that include Microsoft, NEC, Intel and X-IO can support the volumes of the largest communications service providers and meet their cost-efficiency requirements.
The tests, designed to simulate the requirements of a typical Tier-1 communications service provider, also included NEC Express5800/A1080a scalable servers, three high performance X-IO Hyper ISEs with a hybrid HDD and SSD solution for the databases and indices, and a X-IO HDD-based ISE 19.2 solution for transaction logs.
Estimations have found that the cost of the database hardware, software, storage and maintenance fees was calculated to be less than 1 cent per subscriber. This is attributed to:
- Lower hardware costs: SQL Server 2012 runs on Intel Xeon processor -based server hardware, which can dramatically lower the total cost of ownership (TCO) for customers.
- Lower software costs: The list price of SQL Server, including critical features such as high availability, disaster recovery, and data compression, is a third of the largest competitor’s licensing costs, resulting in as much as 70% reduction in database license costs, compared to the license costs of other leading database providers
- Simpler systems management and lower staffing costs: SQL Server database administrators (DBAs) can typically manage four times as many physical databases as competitors’ DBAs, leading to an estimated 460 percent difference in annual cost of administration per database.
- Lower maintenance costs: SQL Server first-year maintenance costs are up to 77% less than those of the largest competitor.
- Lower storage costs: Storage costs can be dramatically reduced through SQL Server compression and X-IO Hyper ISE technology, which combines Solid State Drives (SSDs) and Hard Disk Drives (HDDs), resulting in up to 80% reduction in storage space through compression.