Summary: This article describes the Games for Windows - LIVE (GFWL) Guide.
The Games for Windows - LIVE Guide is a launch pad to your gamer profile and gamer community. It gives you instant access to your friends, messaging, achievements, and personal settings. To access the Games for Windows - LIVE Guide, press the Home key on your keyboard.
The six key areas of the LIVE Guide are:
- Gamer card: Displays your gamertag, gamer picture, and stats. Select your gamer card to go to your gamer profile, where you'll find these options: View Games, Edit Gamer Profile, View Rep, Account Management, Microsoft Points, Online Status, Redeem Code, My Downloads and Enable Auto Sign-in.
- Messages:Read messages left by friends and exchange messages with members of Games for Windows - LIVE and Xbox LIVE (online only).
- Friends: Check out your friends list (online only).
- Players: View the gamertags of last 50 people you've played with (online only).
- Private Chat: Initiate one-on-one voice chat with another player (online only).
- Settings, which include options for:
- Online Status – how you appear to other players while you're online
- Voice – recording and playback device
- Notifications – turn notifications on and off
- Change Guide Key – change the key that opens the Guide
- Customer Experience – join the Customer Experience Improvement Program
- Network Information – information about your network settings
- Version Information – information about your version of Games for Windows – LIVE
- Join LIVE – if you are signed into an offline profile, this allows you to create an online profile
The Games for Windows - LIVE Guide will notify you when your friends are online, when a friend has extended a game request, and when you've received a message or an invitation to chat.
Just want to focus on your game? Select Notifications and tell the Games for Windows - LIVE Guide not to intrude. It's all up to you.