- Perspectives on open source and Microsoft white paper
Today's technology users have diverse needs that no single vendor or software can address, so the software development and distribution options associated with open source are welcome. Learn about Microsoft's participation in open source.
- Datasheet: A more open Microsoft = more open and effective government
Find out how Microsoft has changed as a company to become more open.
- Dynamic government: accountable, proactive and citizen-service centered
Dynamic government: accountable, proactive and citizen-service centered
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for public sector organizations
Find out how Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 offers a powerful, agile, simple solution for governments striving to satisfy their constituents' service expectations with cost-effective solutions.
- Dynamics business for smart government: From aspiration to reality
This white paper defines a new vision for how software can evolve to empower people for greater success, predict potential issues and opportunities, and enable agencies and departments to expand the possibilities for organizational empowerment.
- The Economic Impact of Interoperability
An overview of the impact of interoperability on the GDP by country.
- Making Public Data Public white paper
In an era of leaner public sector resources, cloud computing can enable governments to make public data public in a scalable, cost-effective manner.
- Moving beyond traditional records management: Managing a broader spectrum of content white paper
This paper describes factors altering of public records across the government sector, and offers a model for understanding the growing spectrum of content that governments handle while managing risk and maintaining compliance.
- E-book: The Windows Optimized Desktop
Reconciling management's aims and end-users' aspirations, the Windows Optimized Desktop provides flexibility, security, and manageability needed to support today's government workforce.
- E-book: Benefits in the cloud for government
The cloud can help you transform government. Find out how.
- Insight and Accountability datasheet
Learn how insight and accountability solutions enable governments to address compliance and improve transparency.
- Workplace Modernization datasheet
Find out how these solutions optimize process management to improve workers' productivity.
- Service Delivery and Engagement datasheet
Find out how these solutions enable governments to deepen engagement with citizens while delivering improved services.
- Extended CRM and the Relationship Imperative
Learn how to improve management and facilitation of interactions and provide better levels of service.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012: A new generation in ERP
Learn more about the key innovations that make Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 powerful, agile, and simple.
- Connected Government in a Connected World white paper
Download this white paper to understand more about how the vision of connected citizens, connected workers, and connected agencies can become a reality.
- A government worth having white paper
Find out why interoperability is an issue for government leaders, and what must be done specifically by these leaders to build the critical foundation of interoperability through this informative white paper.
- Interoperability Executive Customer Council (IECC) white paper
Microsoft established the Interoperability Executive Customer (IEC) Council as a means of regularly obtaining valuable feedback from customers regarding their specific interoperability requirements. This paper details the council's activities.
- Next generation telephony white paper
Learn more about next generation telephony delivered by Microsoft Communications Server 14: a single, comprehensive dsol02 solution that includes integrated voice, instant messaging, presence, and audio, video, and web conferencing.
- Desktop optimization datasheet
Innovative Microsoft desktop optimization solutions help transform the desktop infrastructure and empower government workers while reducing cost, managing risks, and increasing staff productivity across applications, devices, and locations.
- The total economic impact of Microsoft Lync Server 2010
Read this Forrester report on the benefits of Microsoft Lync Server.
- Voicemail: A story of unrealized potential
With the power of Unified Messaging and Exchange Server 2010, you can not only save money, you can transform voicemail into an enhanced productivity tool that helps users get more from their communications.
- Capturing Communications Enabled Business Process (CEBP) value
How Unified Communications software delivers Communications Enabled Business Processes (CEBP) to reduce costs and improve results for your enterprise.
- Expanding business benefit and lowering costs through desktop optimization
IDC Research shows that advanced management tools such as Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack, when applied and used properly, will offer a positive return on investment (ROI).
- The total economic impact of Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V)
Forrester found that organizations can achieve quantifiable benefits from App-V in terms of labor cost savings associated with ICT management, hardware cost and footprint reductions, reduced help desk workloads, and enhanced user productivity.
- Public sector buyer's guide for office productivity in the cloud
Looking for innovative ways to do more with less, governments of all sizes are turning to cloud computing as a key way to save money.
- Microsoft private cloud white paper: Functionality, benefits, and economics
This paper defines private cloud using industry standard concepts, explains the Microsoft products needed to create a Microsoft private cloud solution, and defines the technology benefits a Microsoft private cloud solution provides.
- Server infrastructure optimization: Best practices to reduce IT operational costs
This paper shows how organizations can reduce costs and improve their IT efficiency by optimizing their core infrastructure and adopting server-related best practices.
- The way to Gov 2.0 white paper
With calls for increasing levels of accountability, participation, and collaboration, government leaders recognize how new applications of technology—and Web 2.0 in particular—can help bring about the desired changes collectively referred to as Gov 2.0.
- Addressing cloud computing security considerations with a partner private cloud
This paper provides high-level insight into how cloud computing security considerations can be addressed using Microsoft technology to build a private cloud.
- Building blocks for an accessible cloud: Microsoft's accessible technology vision and strategy
Microsoft's commitment to creating an ecosystem of accessible technologies runs deep, and includes development of a number of core accessible technology “building blocks.”
- Government 2.0 in Canada white paper
Learn about the Canadian government's commitment to using Government 2.0 to help chart the course to social and economic opportunity for all Canadians. This white paper examines Open Web, Open Access & Open Source scenarios and benefits.
- Microsoft, PHP, and open source: A pragmatic alliance white paper
This paper describes how Microsoft is building bridges to the world of open source, including support of PHP in Windows Server, the SQL Server database system, and other products such as the Expression Web development tool.
- IT solution accelerator scorecard and dashboard samples
A framework for creating IT Operations scorecards, dashboards, and analytics with Microsoft SQL Server, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX availability guide
Microsoft Dynamics AX is localized, translated, and supported by Microsoft and made generally available in several countries and languages.
- Privacy in the public cloud: The Office 365 approach
This white paper examines Microsoft's broad approach to privacy governance and describes how these principles and processes have been applied to our latest cloud-based productivity service, Office 365.
- Addressing cloud computing security considerations with Office 365
This paper provides high-level insight into how cloud computing security considerations can be addressed using Microsoft Office 365, a public cloud service.
- Cybersecurity: Cornerstone of a safe, connected society
Thie white paper from the Trustworthy Computing team explains how Microsoft can help governments create more effective cybersecurity policies and practices to help protect public health and safety, economic security, and national defense.
- Cybersecurity: More than a good headline
This white paper offers food for thought for a model that could be used to structure cybersecurity initiatives and build a maturity model to ensure a long-term, sustainable approach to a government's cybersecurity agenda.
- Performance management scorecards and dashboards for IT operations data
This paper provides a framework for creating IT Operations scorecards, dashboards, and analytics with Microsoft SQL Server, Systems Center Operations Manager, and Microsoft Performance Point Server 2007.