Get a more secure and manageable optimized desktop
Government agencies face the challenge of maintaining rigorous controls over their computing environments while giving users the tools and autonomy they need to be productive. The Windows 7 optimized desktop infrastructure can provide the power and flexibility end users want while preserving the security and control that IT professionals need.
Windows optimized desktop solutions help organizations transform their desktop infrastructure to enhance the business by helping to make people productive wherever they are, manage risks through enhanced security and control, and reduce costs by streamlining computer management.
Windows 7 also helps provide greater security and manageability for local and remote computers while improving on the fundamentals of performance and reliability. And because Windows 7 was designed specifically around user feedback, your staff should notice immediately how much faster, more reliable, and easier it is to use.
Explore updated features
Deploying Windows 7 across your organization can help to streamline desktop management even as you deliver improved usability to your users. IT can get improved security, easier maintenance, and support for legacy applications, including:
- Improved safeguards, junk email filters, and anti-phishing features.
- Automatic scanning, expiration dates, email controls, and encrypting.
- Advanced backup to save and restore data more easily.
- Helpful support in Windows 7 Professional for running some older applications.
- Remote automation for repetitive tasks in Windows 7 Professional.
- Richer built-in troubleshooting capabilities, so users can resolve more technical issues on their own.
Additionally, Windows 7 has achieved Common Criteria Evaluation Assurance Level 4 with augmentation (EAL4+). This international standard for ensuring that IT products conform to stringent security requirements is a prerequisite for U.S. defense and national security customers.
Help increase user productivity
Your users get improved productivity across the desktop:
- Faster PC startup and shutdown, even from standby, and increased battery life on mobile PCs.
- Consolidated search across your PC, the web, and the intranet from your desktop running Windows 7.
- New printer settings that update automatically depending on where you log on with your computer.
- Fewer user prompts.
Enhanced handwriting recognition in
Windows 7 helps to make pen input faster and more accurate. You can now create personalized custom dictionaries for handwriting recognition, write math expressions, and use the newly supported additional languages in Windows 7. Pen, mouse, and keyboard aren't the only options for data input: with a touch-screen monitor, Windows Touch lets you set these aside and work directly on your computer screen, using your fingers to easily navigate, scroll, and more.