Don’t leave yourself exposed to the security risks and support challenges that come with aging systems. With an optimized, greener desktop environment, you can improve security, lower management costs, and deliver a better overall end-user experience. A more streamlined organization gives you the ability to deliver more services that make a real impact for the citizens and communities you serve.
Spend a little, save a lot
By investing a little in Microsoft technologies, you can save a lot—with an estimated return on investment of 438% over a three-year period with desktop optimization solutions.* Replacing earlier systems with newer versions helps mitigate costly security risks associated with older systems, and introduces back-end and front-end efficiencies that further control costs by employing the latest IT advancements for more efficient, greener computing and operations.
Here are some capabilities you can provide with desktop modernization that can help your organization save money in the long-term:
- Offer services faster with cloud computing.
- Streamline your data infrastructure with a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-manage platform.
- Enable shared services models across agencies for reduced installation and update costs.
- Go green with energy-saving IT solutions that are more sustainable and cost-effective.
- Reduce operating, mobile telephony, and training costs.
- Gain more insight and value from your data.
- Deliver dependable scalability with improved storage and analysis features, compression capabilities, and the Microsoft cloud-based relational database service.
Create new operational efficiencies
To accommodate various staff working styles and increasing staff mobility, organizations like yours are tasked with supporting more devices, media types, data sources, and bandwidths than ever before—all while ensuring security and manageability. With Office, what’s good for your staff is also good for IT. You can enable access to data from multiple locations and devices while delivering high performance, improved security and compliance, and supreme interoperability with your existing line-of-business applications.
With an optimized desktop environment, you can:
- Improve the ability of staff to better manage their time, processes, and workflows.
- Upgrade and migrate existing templates and dockets.
- Support collaboration by offering a range of communication options, such as instant messaging, phone, and voice, video, and web conferencing.
- Give staff the tools to find information more quickly in files.
- Spend less time managing and securing desktops.
- Better engage citizens and the community by connecting with them in the ways they expect—through their mobiles phones or online.
*IDC MDOP TCO Study, Expanding Business Benefit and Lowering Costs Through Desktop Optimization, 2011.