State, local, and federal justice organizations are challenged with ever-increasing caseloads, constrained budgets, and managing input from multiple stakeholders. Earlier systems and tools that lack the capability to track and disseminate information and provide business intelligence can further hinder the process.
The Microsoft Case Management Solution Accelerator (CMSA) provides an end-to-end integrated solution that helps improve productivity by automating court processes, monitoring and tracking case activities, increasing access to information, and supporting decision making through real-time data and analytics.
The CMSA is uniquely designed to meet the requirements of justice organizations of all sizes. For example, the CMSA supports both common and civil law models, and does so in multiple languages. The accelerator is powered by popular Microsoft technologies like Microsoft SharePoint, Word, and Outlook. If needed, it can be easily customized and enhanced with minimal effort to meet your business requirements.
Key features and capabilities of the CMSA include:
Enhanced workflow process
The CMSA provides an end-to-end case management workflow. You can create, track, schedule, assign, and modify cases as needed. This provides faster access to key information such as the status, progress, and due dates of cases.
The processes and workflows of a case management system can vary from one justice organization to another. The CMSA is tailored to provide an integrated workflow that expedites existing processes by clearly defining stages, roles, and permissions.
Search and reporting
Save precious time and effort by streamlining case search with comprehensive search and reporting capabilities. For example, you can search and pull reports at interdepartmental, intradepartmental, and organizational levels.
You can also track the history of case steps, actions, and events. This gives legal teams the ability to quickly identify a case from the past that might serve as a reference for a current case.
Time card management
Team members can track case hours, and the amount of time and effort invested across assigned cases. The CMSA provides real-time status of progress at an organization level.
Sharing and collaborating
To accurately and effectively process a case, many different justice officials—including judges, clerks, attorneys and prosecutors, probation officers, and jail and detention administrators—might need to supply the information required. The CMSA provides a highly structured yet dynamic collaborative platform that:
- Allows the justice organization to maintain an updated central repository of all the cases and associated documents with classification and categorization.
- Fosters collaboration across team members by providing a platform for secure data sharing.
- Helps secure collaboration with various agencies and stakeholder systems through role-based access.
- Supports secure and concurrent access of information with no geographic constraints.
The CMSA is powered with analytic tools and dashboards that allow multiple stakeholders to view, analyze, and make informed business decisions. The CMSA provides:
- A way to dig deeper and identify hidden trends, issues, and correlations across cases.
- Greater visibility into day-to-day operations of justice organizations. It also assists in identifying areas to improve efficiency.
- Distribution to a broad range of users through an ability to export reports to Microsoft Word and Excel.
The CMSA is in full compliance with the latest legislations and gives you greater control over your processes.
With the CMSA, approximately 30 to 40 percent of the functionality is already built-in. Additional benefits include:
- Reduction in time to market
- Centralized data and access to real-time information from anywhere in the world
- Improved operations with access to real-time data
- Compliance with current legislation
- A scalable, flexible, and robust system
- Advanced data analytics and dashboards
- Localization support
- Pre-defined user security
- Established workflow with simple steps