As your health organization seeks to increase operational efficiency and improve care and services, cloud computing provides a way to simplify information and communications technology (ICT) management, control costs, and better meet user needs. With almost 15 years of experience running some of the largest, most reliable cloud services in the world and more than 20 years of experience providing solutions to health organizations, we offer a trusted, comprehensive set of cloud services to meet your unique needs now and in the future.
The power of the cloud on your terms
Your health organization needs flexible options that allow you to move what you want to the cloud, how and when you need to. Microsoft's elastic, interoperable infrastructure and familiar tools can be used in the cloud (public and private), on-premises, or as a combination of both. At the same time, you can have the power of the cloud without compromise to security, privacy, and reliability.
Your organization can use cloud services available from Microsoft today for email and communications, meetings and collaboration, online health and wellness tools, application development, data and image storage and sharing, customer relationship management, and deploying and managing ICT as a service. Microsoft cloud services technologies that enable these capabilities include Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Exchange Online, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Microsoft HealthVault, Windows Azure, Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, and Microsoft Hyper-V Cloud.
Security and privacy
Data security and patient privacy are fundamental requirements across the health industry, and Microsoft takes its role very seriously.
- Health organizations retain control of their sensitive data at all times.
- Microsoft online services and data centers are designed to enable the physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to assist covered entities with their security and compliance requirements.
- Data centers meet certification regulations.
With Microsoft cloud computing services, systems are up when you need them with enterprise-class system availability, backed by transparent service reporting and meaningful financial guarantees behind the Service Level Agreement.
- Service Level Agreement guarantees 99.9% uptime, with support 24 x 7 x 365.
- Backup systems ensure that Microsoft data centers continue to operate during power outages and after natural disasters.
- Microsoft replicates data from its primary data centers to secondary data centers for redundancy without storing any data off site.
Flexibility and interoperability
Microsoft cloud services work together by design and are compatible with on-premises software that is already in place, so users have consistent, connected experiences. You don't have to choose between cloud services or on-premises solutions; you can configure whatever combination best fits your requirements now and in the future.
- Deliver your cloud services from the public cloud, a private cloud, a self-hosted cloud infrastructure, or a hybrid model.
- Choose when you run solutions in the cloud or on-premises, and change the mix as your needs change.
- Optimize for growth, cost, and security concerns through an adaptable architecture.