Windows Small Business Server 2008 (SBS 2008) is an integrated server solution that helps you increase practice productivity and enhance the security of your business data, at an affordable price. SBS 2008 provides a strong, optimized IT foundation to help your practice operate more efficiently and effectively by providing enterprise-like technologies for data backup and restore, e-mail, Internet connectivity, remote access, file and printer sharing, internal Web sites, and support for mobile devices - in one fully integrated and affordable solution.
Optimized for small businesses such as physician practices, Windows Small Business Server 2008 integrates multiple Microsoft products and technologies, such as Windows Server, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft SQL Server* into an all-in-one server solution that takes the guesswork out of selecting business software. SBS 2008 is designed to work with most existing technology investments. It builds on Microsoft best practices and delivers a comprehensive network at an affordable price.
Benefits of Windows Small Business Server
Affordable, integrated solution
- Enables you to consolidate and share information throughout the practice, with data stored in one central location and provides clinicians and staff with fast access to information for quick decisions.
- Helps you gain better control over your practice's information and technology.
- Enables you to share resources and equipment, such as Internet access, printers and fax machines, so you get the most value from your technology investment.
Protect your data
- Helps protect your vital business information from loss by automatically backing up the PCs and servers in your network and helping enable you to recover accidentally deleted files.
- Improves security compliance and help protect sensitive patient information with up-to-date anti-spam and anti-virus technologies.
- Keeps your network healthy and minimizes downtime with automated system checks and software updates.
Increase your business productivity
- Enables access to business information and resources from virtually anywhere, at any time.
- Increases productivity and streamlines internal processes by automating tasks and improving practice workflows and collaboration.
- Provides tools to help your practice operate more efficiently and effectively.
Discover how Windows Small Business Server 2008 is designed especially for small businesses.
Strong IT foundation
Windows Server 2008 standard technologies
- Work in confidence with a flexible and robust operating system that provides a reliable IT platform
Recover files that have been accidentally deleted and recover data on your PCs and servers
Enjoy compatibility and scalability. As your practice needs change, easily add users, servers, and applications
Share resources and equipment, such as Internet access, printers, and fax machines, to get the most value from your technology investments
Increase your business productivity
Messaging and collaboration: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Standard Edition
- Connect with staff, colleagues, and patients easily and professionally, with access to contacts, appointments, and files from any Internet-connected PC or a Windows phone, so you can be responsive even when you are away from the office
- Enjoy advanced e-mail and calendar functionality with seamless end-user collaboration experience and unparalleled security features
Productivity and efficiency: Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Improve your daily efficiency and team productivity with a central repository for storing and sharing information
- Boost team performance and collaboration with an internal Web site that allows you to share, access and update internal documents, coordinate calendars, and participate in discussions
Take your practice online: Microsoft Office Live Small Business
Get everything you need to take, promote, and manage your practice on the Internet
Present a sophisticated image with communications resources, including e-mail marketing capabilities, business Web sites, and tools for creating your own Web site, so you can differentiate your business and present a more professional
Protect your data
E-mail security: Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server 1,2
E-mail with confidence knowing you are protected from viruses, worms, and spam
Multiple anti-virus engines give layered protection against the latest e-mail-based threats
Network updates and protection: Windows Server Update Services 3.0
The latest updates help keep your PCs and servers current and your network healthy
Easy to read 'green check' reports give you a quick view of your server status
Know your system is highly protected with deployments of the latest Microsoft product updates to computers running the Windows operating system, giving you automatic system checks for new software updates and making it easier to monitor and distribute updates
Greater insight to your business information
Database: Windows Server 2008 Standard and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Standard for Small Business*
Premium includes software to run on a second server that is dedicated to supporting a vast number of line-of-business applications
Premium offers Microsoft SQL Server, a comprehensive data management and analysis solution that makes it possible to use many server-based business applications, such as accounting, business planning, and contact management software, which share a centralized database so that all users can work from the same information
* Microsoft SQL Server is only available with SBS 2008 Premium.
1. 120-day trial included in product.
2. May not be available in all markets and/or languages. Refer to the Editions Overview page at www.microsoft.com/sbs for details on market and language availability.